Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Lead
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
To ensure quality health care services for vulnerable refugee and host populations in Amhara , Ethiopia. This position will be responsible for ensuring proper day-to-day running of the mobile medical team.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assist in Ensuring Medical Teams International(MTI’s) standard of quality in primary health services is met
- Participates in the planning, implementation and supervision of the MHNT
- Develops plans for process and quality improvement and reports findings to the Health and Nutrition manager
- Ensures quality control at all levels of service provision (referrals from the community, primary health care level, pharmacy, referrals for secondary care)
- Ensures strict monitoring of the use and flow of medications at the MHNT.
- Ensures compliance to program standards at all levels
- Ensures monitoring and accountability of beneficiary registrars
- Maintains quality assurance and adherence to healthcare protocols ensuring compliance with RHB standards
- Ensures data collection meets program requirements, and that all activities are suitably documented
- Assists in the compliance with government health reporting mechanisms; both in terms of reporting to WHO, RHB, and internal reporting
- Assess and implement appropriate training in coordination with the medical coordinator to equip and strengthen knowledge and skills of MHNT personnel
- Leads development of trainings, feedback sessions and tools for M&E and quality improvement
- Ensures that programming is of excellent technical quality, suitable to attract donor funding and contributes significantly to MTI’s strategic objectives
- Provides technical support to project medical personnel to ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved, adhering to international, donor and Ministry of Health Guidelines and policies
- Ensures appropriate treatment protocols are followed as set forth per National guidelines and/or MTI policies
- Collaborates and coordinates with the Community Health Coordinator to ensure program goals are achieved and program approach/interventions are being continuously evaluated and adapted
- Ensures strong linkages between CHW program and MHNT program
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of Tigray, Ethiopia
- Ensure all patients are treated based on the Guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the IMCI guidelines
- Ensure rational use of drugs such that only those essential for treatment are prescribed. Do not overprescribe.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff
- Support other areas of the office as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of work for all
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste appropriately
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Saturday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
Team: Program Teams
Reports to (position): Health and Nutrition Manager
Travel: Regular travel to field offices
- EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- Medical Doctor, Nurse, or Health Officer
- At least 3 yrs experience working in direct health service delivery.2 years’ experience managing operation of health services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of development & humanitarian issues and concepts
- Fluent spoken and written Afar, Amharic and English.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Analytical and problem solving Computer literate, able to work efficiently in Microsoft office on standard or mobile platforms
- Humanitarian motivation
- Emotionally and spiritually mature
- Team player – practical, desire to support the field teams.
- Willingness to pitch in and get the job done
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Able to build new relationships and gain people’s trust quickly
- Integrity in representing Medical Teams Willing to travel to insecure environments
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to embrace and promote MTI’s mission and vision
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public
- This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should apply to Medical Teams International email address [email protected] on or before 03 September 2022.
Note: Use ” Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Lead ” as the subject line of your email !