Regional Malaria Program Manager
Position: Regional Malaria Program Manager
- Job Title: Regional Malaria Program Manager
Number of Position: 1
Duty Station: Jigjiga/Somali region
Line Manager: Deputy Chief of part
Overall Job Function
Provide comprehensive technical and programmatic support to Regional Health Bureaus, Regional Laboratories, Zonal and Woreda Health Offices, and health facilities under the President’s Malaria initiatives (PMI) funded Malaria Diagnosis and Treatment (MDT) Activity. Reporting to the deputy chief of party, the regional program manager is responsible for overseeing the coordination, planning and implementation of interventions for improvement of quality of malaria laboratory diagnosis and fever case management across MDT activity supported health facilities in Ethiopia.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical assistance for regional planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of malaria diagnosis and case management activities.
· Develop regional MDT work plan, lead and monitor implementation
· Plan and organize regional meetings, trainings, workshops related to MDT.
· Assist the strengthening of regional technical working group (TWGs) for malaria laboratory diagnosis and fever case management including participation in the regular regional TWG meetings
· Assist development and/or review of support tools to improve fever case management.
· Conducting baseline and follow up assessment on malaria diagnosis and case management activities. Manage and supervise the work of a regional MDT team
· Assist review of MDT training materials and conducting onsite and offsite trainings
· Assist design of quality assurance program for fever case management and facilitate its implementation at the supported health facilities
· Support the region in scaling up malaria EQA activities and other case management best practices
· Provide regular supportive supervision and mentorship to regional and woreda malaria programs and facility clinical staff on fever case management
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual regional activity reports.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- · MD/MPH/MSc with at least 5 years of experience in clinical and public health practice
· Experience in project planning and management
· Experience in team leadership and management
· Experience in conducting trainings, supervisions, and mentorship
· Experience in development and review of documents related to malaria case management services
· Computer skills ( Word, Power point, Spread sheet, etc)
· Knowledge of local language is advantage
How To Apply:
- Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – September 3, 2022