Gender Youth and Social Inclusion Advisor – EngenderHealth, August 18 2022
Gender Youth and Social Inclusion Advisor
Position: Gender Youth and Social Inclusion Advisor
Requisition No: VN241
Salary Range: $18,336 – $19,500 USD
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Country Location: Ethiopia
Deadline: August 26 2022
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights
EngenderHealth seeks applications from well-qualified and experienced candidates to serve as Gender Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Advisor for its SIDA funded “A Rights-Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR” project in Addis Ababa
The Gender Youth and Social Inclusion (GYSI) Advisor will provide technical guidance and support to the EngenderHealth (EH) Ethiopia Country Program particularly the Rights Based Approach for enhancing the SRHR project and will ensure women, youth, and other underserved populations are prioritized in all country program activities. They work with the Country office program/technical team and with the global office; to develop and implement evidence-based GYSI interventions and assist the country office to integrate these programs into other programmatic areas with a focus on empowering women, young people, and other vulnerable populations and addressing their SRHR needs including on SGBV. The advisor will be responsible for the development/adaptation and implementation of GYSI analysis, work plan, training materials, and tools for use within the organization, projects, and partners. She/he will be responsible for designing and implementing SRHR activities and programs for in-school and out-of-school adolescents and other underserved adolescents/youth groups. She/he will also represent EngenderHealth at relevant platforms related to gender, youth, and social inclusion. They will also identify, document, disseminate, adapt, and replicate best practices related to gender, adolescent, and youth interventions in Ethiopia. S/he will ensure that all EngenderHealth programs/projects in Ethiopia (particularly A Rights Based Approach for Enhancing SRHR project) activities are evidence based and strive towards realizing gender and youth transformative change.
- Provide strategic and technical guidance in the contextualization of EngenderHealth’ s Global Gender, Youth and Social Inclusion strategy, framework, and tools for the country.
- Work closely with local HR, program, and operation staff to develop country contextualization, and GYSI orientations and ensure GYSI policies and initiatives are integrated at the workplace and into country program interventions through training, mentorship, and supervision.
- Design/develop innovative strategies and approaches that help EngenderHealth/Rights-Based Approach for SRHR project and its partners strengthen Gender, AYSRH, referral linkages, and service delivery.
- Provide technical assistance, competency-based CSE, and gender-related training to government and CSO partners, in-school and out-of-school young people, teachers, law reinforcement bodies, and health care providers.
- Strengthen stakeholder response to SGBV at national, regional, the district, health facility, and community levels through training and mentorship to ensure interventions to prevent, identify, refer, and manage SGBV at different levels are streamlined.
- Assist country program teams to self-assess the degree of gender, youth, and social inclusion, using EngenderHealth’s GYSI Marker, analyze results, and provide inputs to enhance transformative approaches for gender and youth programming.
- Collaborate with senior CE/SBCC advisor to implement strategies to enhance gender equality, male engagement, and meaningful youth participation in project activities.
- In collaboration with EngenderHealth KM/ME&R and other teams, participate actively in identifying, carrying out potential operational research, and establishing data and evidence on gender, youth, and social inclusion interventions.
- Represent EngenderHealth and provide technical assistance on GYSI and AYSRHR at relevant government, non-government, and private sector platforms at the national and local levels.
- Work closely with the Business Development teams and Global GYSI team for developing and conceptualizing new GYSI-focused projects and program portfolios for Ethiopia.
- Document best practices and lessons learned in implementing gender equality and youth development activities in the project and share for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports.
- Compile/produce and ensure timely submission of (monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual, and as-needed) reports.
- As assigned, represent the country program at appropriate technical working groups and partner’s meetings.
- Carry out other EngenderHealth assignments as may be required and as directed by the project director, technical advisors, and managers at the country office.
Bachelor’s degree in gender studies/ or other social science with master’s degree in public health or bachelor’s degree in health-related fields with master’s degree in Gender studies or other social science-related fields with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in International NGO setting.
Demonstrated capacity and experience in designing and managing GYSI and SRHR programs/projects/interventions.
Experience with and understanding of the Ministry of Health, Women’s, Youth, Children’s, and Ministry of Education with commendable understanding of the education System and the health service delivery systems.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and counterparts from the public, private, and NGO sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure and interact with diverse stakeholders.
Exceptional interpersonal communication, and teamwork skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Existing relationships with Ethiopia stakeholders, including government counterparts is a plus.
- Knowledge of international and evidence-based practices and tools in their respective technical areas, and experience adapting them to the Ethiopia context.
- Good knowledge of Ethiopia’s gender, youth, and social issues is an asset.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a survivor of domestic violence, marital status, pregnancy status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults, and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners, and the design and implementation of programs and activities.