Reference No: REC/135/22 Job title: CMAM Nurse Location: Afar(Depti Woreda) Reports to: Woreda Project Manager Number of Posts 1(One) Closing date: August 21,2022
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOALis a non-for profit organizationthat has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
To ensure that the MoH staff is capacitated to run the Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) programme independently in all health facilities.
Key Areas of Accountability/Duties
· Support MoH staff undertake clinical and physical examination of all children referred to the community therapeutic Care (CMAM) programme on day to day basis.
· Ensure CMAM medical protocols are followed and support MoH staff in the distribution of routine or supplemental drugs to OTP and SC children
· Ensure the medical protocols are implemented in line with the Federal Minster of Health Guideline of treatment of SAM
· Ensure that all the phases- inpatient protocols are followed and MoH staff understand and implement the protocol.
· In collaboration with MoH staff ensures all necessary supplies (food and non-food) are requested on time.
· Support MoH staff to ensure that there is high standard of hygiene sanitation in the SC and OTP.
· Undertake regular health and nutrition education sessions in collaboration with MoH staff in OTP and SC. Give due emphasis for the children admitted in SC.
· Ensure that children are referred to OTP or SC programme based on the national protocol considering all the criteria for referral.
· Coordinate absentee, defaulter, static weight and loss of weight follow-up with outreach supervisor in the programme so that they could be traced and followed up
· Assist in the setting up and smooth operation of the stabilization centres and outpatient therapeutic program in the health posts/centre or hospital.
· Encourage and facilitate the HEWs and health professionals to work with community volunteers to improve their ability to recognize cause and signs of malnutrition, provide appropriate education to target group and community to help mitigate MN and refer individuals as appropriate.
· Submit a monthly and weekly statistical report to SPO
· Submit a monthly narrative report in line with GE reporting template to SCPO on time.
· Capacity building
· Plan and conduct training and refresher training for MoH staff whenever possible in the management of sever acute malnutrition.
· Supervise MoH staff along with MoH supervisors working in the Stabilization Centre (SC) and outpatient therapeutic program based in a MoH health post, Health centre or Hospital.
· Facilitate sharing of lessons learned to other partners/stakeholders.
· Provide effective coaching and mentoring guidance to the MoH staff so that they can run OTP and SC activities smoothly.
· Investigate the causes of non-responding and refer children to Stabilization Centre (SC) or referral hospital /health centre in collaboration with MoH staff.
· Ensure routine and supplemental drugs are requested on time and distributed to intended targeted group.
· Facilitate information and lessons sharing with other partners and agencies at Woreda/Kebele level.
· Ensure proper utilization of resources and accountability to the programme.
· Liaise with the community Volunteers to ensure comprehensive community outreach and mobilisation, health education and treatment are undertaken per the guidelines. Check that all messages to carers, community groups, leaders and authorities are consistent and fully understood.
· Provide technical assistance to the MoH in planning of training for CVs and other key figures in the community (Traditional healers, religious leaders, influential groups…)
· Perform Other duties as required
· Perform/Assist in any other tasks as required by the senior CMAM program officer(SCPO )
· Document and file all relevant information of the targeted group according to Donors requirement. And keep those documents in a very accessible place
· Respect the dignity of the target group, carers and members of the community
- · Liaise with the community Volunteers to ensure comprehensive community outreach and mobilisation, health education and treatment are undertaken per the guidelines. Check that all messages to carers, community groups, leaders and authorities are consistent and fully understood.
· Mainstreaming Issues:
· Familiarize self, understand and implement according to area of responsibility, GOAL’s policies and procedures on mainstreaming of Gender, HIV/AIDS, Child protection and Accountability.
· Ensures gender and HIV/AIDS is effectively mainstreamed throughout the programme activities, work plans, budgets, reports, researches, analyses and where specifically relevant, analyzed in detail;
· Work on increasing the sensitivity and awareness of staff towards Gender, HIV/AIDS ,Child Protection and Accountability issues.
· Compliance Issues
· Familiarize self and understand to GOAL Donor Compliance issues, specifically to the terms and conditions of the Donor the programme is working on and comply with same in area of responsibility.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· Skill: Excellent judgment and decision making, clear verbal communication, situational awareness, close monitoring, problem solving, critical thinking, active listening
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
· Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
GOAL Ethiopia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of people who involves in its work and demands all staff exhibit the highest commitment. GOAL Ethiopia will verify skills and commitment of the candidate in the assessment process and perform Background reference check.
- Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- Diploma or Bsc degree in nursing with a minimum of two year of experience.
- experience for Diploma holder in therapeutic and supplemental feeding preferably in CMAM preferably in NGO environment
- Ability to effectively liaise with local governments organisations, NGOs and donors
- Flexible and creative approach, highly motivated and able to take the initiative and work unsupervised
- Fosters working in teams & team work spirit,
- Training and facilitation skill,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language,
- Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
- Willing to travel to remote areas and to camp in the field, ability to work flexibly including weekends and willingness to travel and work in rural locations and live in basic conditions.
- Understanding of the project nature and willing to travel and live in field site, with frequent transfer from site to site.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of local language,
Desirable quality, skill and competence
- Familiarity to local culture.
- Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community
- Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter
· Applicants can directly apply online using www.ethioiobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process