Senior Health & Nutrition Officer
Reference No: REC/133/22 Job title: Senior Health & Nutrition Officer Location: Afar Region ( Depti Woreda) Reports to: Woreda Project Manager Number of Posts 1(one) Closing date: August 21,2022
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOALis a non-for profit organizationthat has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
Under the direct supervision of Woreda Project Manager, the senior Health & Nutrition Officer is responsible for the day to day management of Primary Health and Nutrition Care project implemented in the operational Woredas of Afar region. Provision of primary health care service and management of Mobile Health and Nutrition Team (MHNT) is a key component of the position holder.
- The senior health & Nutrition officer will provide consultation, necessary treatment as needed to the intended beneficiaries in the health facilities and outside health facility in the project sites. He/she will work with the GOAL Nutrition team and other officers within the field office to enhance their participation and involvement in prevention, awareness creation and capacity building of woreda based government health staffs.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
GOAL Ethiopia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of people who involves in its work and demands all staff exhibit the highest commitment. GOAL Ethiopia will verify skills and commitment of the candidate in the assessment process and perform Background reference check.
- Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- BSc/HO in Public Health with a minimum of four years’ proven work experience preferably in NGO and Mobile health and nutrition projects.
- Demonstrable experience in working with communities, and knowledge of participatory approaches
- Knowledge of the local culture and local language.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in primary health care system.
- Strong knowledge on monitoring and evaluation and report writing,
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective,
- Training and facilitation skill,
- Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders,
- Fosters working in teams & team work spirit,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language is a must.
- Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
- Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities,
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences:
- Have good understanding and hands on experience on mobile health and nutrition projects.
- Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter
· Applicants can directly apply online using www.ethioiobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process