Reference No: REC/132/22 Job title: Midwife Nurse Location: AFAR ( Depti Woreda) Reports to: Woreda Project Manager Number of Posts 1(one) Closing date: August 21,2022
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOALis a non-for profit organizationthat has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years across all the region of the country towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses Programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors are Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
About the Position:
The position holder will be responsible for technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned woreda. She/he will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the ANC, PNC, Family planning, consultation of pregnant mother outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Somali RHB mobile health and Nutrition teams. She will also be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. She will also be responsible for day to day documentation of programmatic activities. The Mid Wife nurse will also work closely with the MHNT and senior CMAM program officer in the implementation of the project.
- Key Areas of Accountability/Duties
· Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, safe delivery site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
· Provide basic health services like community ANC, FP IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per Somali RHB Mobile health and nutrition guideline.
· Facilitate essential drugs for pregnant women and under five years children, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities.
· Facilitate training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and district level.
· Prepare and share daily, weekly and monthly reports of ANC, PNC, FP & EPI, health education and consultations.
· Ensure referral system and linkage between services with the health facilities
· Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
· Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
· Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
· Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
· Work other tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
· Ensures mainstreaming activities are effectively mainstreamed throughout the programme activities, work plans, budgets, reports, researches, analyses and where specifically relevant, analyzed in detail;
· Work on increasing the sensitivity and awareness of staff towards Gender, HIV/AIDS and Child Protection issues.
· Set Gender Mainstreaming Objective design sound activities with corresponding budget to attain the objective.
· Ensure gender sensitive community participation.
· Ensure gender is integrated in planning, implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of health related activities
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
GOAL Ethiopia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety of people who involves in its work and demands all staff exhibit the highest commitment. GOAL Ethiopia will verify skills and commitment of the candidate in the assessment process and perform Background reference check.
- Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
- Diploma/ BSc in Midwifery with a minimum of four years’ experience in maternal and child health program preferably in NGO out of which two years should be in Mobile health and nutrition projects, preferably in NGO.
- Solid technical skill on case management of safe motherhood, childhood and adult illness.
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of FP, Reproductive health and IMNCI/ICCM,
- Strong knowledge on monitoring and evaluation and report writing,
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet individual, team and programme objective,
- Training and facilitation skill,
- Ability to effectively liaise with government, donors, NGOs, community leaders and other stakeholders,
- Fosters working in teams & team work spirit,
- Very good knowledge and practice of computer application,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Knowledge of local language is a must.
- Continually looks to improve personal skill, knowledge and work hence contribute to capacity building within the team and organization,
- Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Knowledge of local language,
Desirable quality, skill and competence
- Have good understanding and hands on experience on mobile health and nutrition projects.
- Familiarity to the local culture.
- Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
· Have good understanding and hands on experience on mobile health and nutrition projects.
· Familiarity to the local culture.
· Passionate, strongly dedicated and highly committed to work for the improvement of the poor community.
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter
· Applicants can directly apply online using www.ethioiobs.net
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process