I. JOB SUMMARY:
The M&E Specialist based at a Field Office level is a technical support position for one particular project. Under the technical support of the LDM Manager at Head Office level and the Project Manager s/he is responsible to organize and coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and of data and to survey the project M & E needs at a field level. She/he also establishes and ensures better data management system and generation of data for reporting and informed decision making by the PM and LDM Manager at sector unit level. This position is technical and within the Data hierarchy focuses on activity and output data at a field office level.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Data Collection and Reporting-40%
- Timely responds to data and project information requirements from Project Managers, Sector LDM Managers, Sector Coordinators/CoP and PQL Impact Measurement Advisor
- Participates in project design, diagnostic studies, evaluations, and surveys.
- Organizes periodical ongoing field office level review, reflective practice, evaluation, and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners.
- Supports the organization of quarterly or periodic M&E workshops based on the needs of the project and assesses gaps observed at the field level in coordination with LDM Managers at sector level in Head Office.
- Supports the implementation of the LDM strategy in the Field office & ensure partners and their staff understand the strategy in line with LDM Managers and other M&E Staff and HO level within the sector units.
- Works with the Addis based LDM Managers & FOPOM to make sure that cross learning and coordination takes place among technical teams in the field.
- Ensure that the LDM strategy is monitored and reviewed bi-annually/ to make changes based on regular staff, partners and stakeholders’ reflections and lessons learned.
- Organizes panel monitoring and/or other events to ensure forward accountability, with relevant stakeholders including communities and ensure their dissemination to concerned parties.
- Supports the FO/Project management in ensuring compliance to CARE’s program principles, LDM/project standards, and Global Program Data Requirements e.g., PIIRS
- Work closely with PQL staff and field-based teams (to be organized) to ensure quality in program/ project design and implementation
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting: 30%
- Designs, review, develops and continuously updates monitoring and evaluation tools and systems of the projects under SRH portfolio.
- Maintains the M&E systems, compiling and analyzing routine project data.
- Support the field M&E specialist/officers to prepares detailed implementation plan including monitoring and evaluation plan for projects.
- Coordinate field data collection processes for M&E
- Assist the field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation.
- Participate in project evaluation and different project assessments
- Support ongoing field office level review, reflective practice, evaluation, and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners.
- Ensure the field M&E specialist/officers conduct regular monitoring visit at filed level
- Lead routine program data quality assessment at field level
- Collects case studies, success stories and shares with internal and external audiences
- Ensures regular and timely reporting from project staff and implementing partners by monitoring receipts of monthly activity progress statements and quarterly activity progress reports and following up with the project staff and implementing partners on non-reporting
- Ensure the field office M&E officers/specialist to conduct quality control tests on all incoming data
Job Responsibility # 4 Training and capacity building -20%
- With close coordination with the unit LDM manager will contribute assessing, planning, organizing LDM related capacity building workshops/trainings to staff and implementing partners.
- In collaboration with the unit LDM manager and other staff develop processes for assessing and planning capacity building of project staffs, partners, and government staff in M&E.
- Compile and share project related data among head and field office staff.
- Coach and mentor, the field office M&E officers/specialist and other staff on how to handle project database.
Job Responsibility #5: Other duties- 10%
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities described above are subject to change, depending on CARE Ethiopian funding or programming.
I. PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Levels one and two of problem solving apply to the incumbent. The incumbent involves with daily routine activities, she/he also uses interpolative skills to pick and choose the right solution to address given problems.
- I. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
- Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, Biostatistics, Statistics, Social Science, public health, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of statistical software.
- Master’s degree on the above discipline
- Research background
- 3 – 5 years job related experience.
- NGO experience.
C. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Highly organized, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Computer skill particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skill.
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainability;
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Utilizing programming and statistical software (such as SPSS) to compile data and information for various systems, and knowledge of basic PME and research tools.
- Exposure in developing and/or maintaining database using like MS Access, etc.
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, initiating action, interpersonal skills, developing teams, decision making, information monitoring, facilitating change, proactive problem solving, planning, organizing, and communicating with impact.
II. CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- The job holder is expected to collaborate with SRHN technical team and CASCADE project management.
III. WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED.
The post is located at Debre tabor, with frequent travel to project sites.
How To Apply:
- If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through Ethio Jobs
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram