- Internal/External Vacancy
Beza posterity development organization /BPDO/ is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental humanitarian organization working on sexual reproductive health, HIV AIDS and STIs prevention, care and support, improving the socio-economic wellbeing of women and girls, environmental protection, youth leadership and employment.
BPDO wants to recruit interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements as a potential Candidates.
The M&E specialist creates and strengthens relationship and networking with the respective donor (USAID) staff, Sub-awardee partners, Government stakeholders and other organizations. The M&E specialist also schedules & coordinates the M&E activities, backups relevant M&E data and information, conducts RDQA and SS for the overall implementation of HIV prevention, testing, care and treatment services for Key populations in Amhara region and other HIV prevention programs and supports other activities as directed by the immediate supervisor
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct day-to-day implementation performance monitoring for the programs for which assigned
- Tracks the performance of the prevention, testing care and treatment services at the respective SNUs,
- Under the supervision of the M&E Manager, produces Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Bi -Aannual and Aannual reports;
- Creates different templates to track and follow performance of activities at intervention area level so that clean and reliable information can be generated;
- Analyzes data and identify implementation gaps, recommends corrective measures and follows the implementation of the agreed points,
- Supports the development of a comprehensive M&E plan to monitor and evaluate the active programs,
- Compiles and analyses information collected through the available M&E system and bring relevant issues to the attention of the SMT.
- Trace’s training needs and facilitates M&E training for respective staff based on the field level evidences,
- Provides technical assistance to the intervention site level program staff and M&E delegates to have common understanding on reportable indicators, reporting templates and other clarity questions presented by the respective staff,
- Builds the capacity of employees working at the grass-root level in the area of reliable data capturing, aggregation, reporting and project monitoring and evaluation at large,
- Produces success stories, case studies, and abstracts when disseminating evidence-based results to the wider community (donor reports, presentations, etc).
- Documents lessons learned and innovations for scale up,
- Preparees presentations with appropriate data analysis for the purpose of donor report and different meetings and program reviews
- Ensure that programme/project staffs have a strong understanding of gender mainstreaming and that gender mainstreaming tools are effectively implemented across all programmes/projects
- Coordinate with the Gender Equality Coordinator in planning, allocating and implementing a programme budget for gender mainstreaming
- Ensure that programmes have a thorough gender mainstreaming design and plan from the conceptualization stage
- Ensure that gender mainstreaming is effectively implemented and monitored throughout the project cycle management process.
- Ensure that gender sensitive indicators and M & E plans are in place and that they are effectively monitored
- Ensure quality reporting on gender mainstreaming in all programme reports
Direct reports: MERL Director -for data related issues& KP Coordinator for program issues
Contacts/Key Relationships: All staff, Partners & beneficiaries
Job Location: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to Amhara KPP activity sights
Contract Details: One year with Possibility of extension
No of posts: 1 /One/
- A minimum of first degree in Public Health, M&E or Statistic or related fields
- At least two years’ experience in monitoring and Evaluation specifically on USAID funded Key popularization prevention services
- Excellent training and facilitation skills demonstrated by training certificates on M&E of Key popularization prevention services
- Previous experience of working in NGO’s specially USAID funded programs
- Profound knowledge of project /program sectors;
- Ability/experience in working as team (team spirit)
- Strong experience in operational project evaluations;
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (writing and speaking);
- Willingness to travel to remote areas and beyond office hours as needed
- Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive
- The ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
- Computer Literate, MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-Management and Leadership skill
- Delivering Results
- Planning and Decision-Making
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements are requested to submit their CV with application with full details of qualifications and experience via www.ethiojobs.net
Applicants should clearly specify the location where they apply for.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.