- General Duty and Responsibility
- All clients are entitled to health service of the highest standard which is holistic in approach and takes into account their wishes and specific needs.
- The environment of care should be safe and conducive to the comfort and well-being of the family unit.
- A senior staff that is committed to provide sensitive comprehensive services should lead the care. We will respect the rights, beliefs values and dignity of our clients at all times.
- The services shall be monitored, reviewed and developed in the light of research findings, changing trends and consumer expectations
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing round-the-clock care to premature and severely ill newborn infants
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures.
- Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient’s baseline needs and response to care.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other staff as needed.
- Ability to assess nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients and their families.
- Be able to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Be able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and other.
- Be able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
- Be able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Be able to use fine motor skills Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support requirements designated by work area.
- Able to record activities, document assessments, plan of care, interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status.
- Be able to navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patient.
- Able to remain focused and organized Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Participate in the formal evaluation process of peers and other care providers.
- Participate in training/research when conducted in the hospital.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Avail and control drugs, and medical equipment’s and other consumables (from pharmacy store) necessary for a given section for a specific period.
- Make sure that critical patients, drugs, medical equipment’s and other relevant things are handed over to the in-coming nurse on your departure from duty.
- Perform all other related activities when need arise or on demand.
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Act as coordinate if allocated as a senior
- The appointment may be terminated by one month notice in writing on either side. However, the hospital can terminate contract immediately for any negligence, theft or danger in working environment.
Education:A Collage, University graduate with Degree in Nursing or other related fields.Experiences:2 years of working experience in Nursing and nurse related tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to offer emotional support to parents, guardians, and family members
- Working knowledge of Hospital Management software
- Expertise in working with a team
- Exceptional ability to offer comfort to ill parents and customer
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Nursing area
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to KADISCO General Hospital, Roba bakery 46 Street, Gerji, at Human Resource office during office hours from July 25, 2022 up to August 5, 2022. On the other option you can send an email to the hospital at [email protected] and [email protected] for more information call us 0116298904.
Note: You must mansion the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.