Program Coordinator – Semera / Afar – Ethiopia
- Médecins du Monde is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response. MEDECINS DU MONDE FRANCE (MDM) invites qualified candidates, to apply for the Program Coordinator Position.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of MdM Program in Afar Semera, and Key activities include:
Essential duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate Management of the DIC in collaboration with FSWs and Nikat team.
- Follow up MdM’s FSWs project resources for the DIC space.
- Ensure that the community (FSWs) feels ownership, sex workers should have the lead role in decisions about the space and its management.
- Work together and participate in strengthening DIC committee representatives so that FSWs can participate in planning and overseeing the center and its activities.
- Ensure Service promotion to the target group at DIC & outreach sites.
- Coordinate regular DIC and outreach activities with volunteers and Project staff in all 5 Project sites.
- Provide managerial & technical support to safe space managers, including the FSWs community, should make plans to manage relationships with neighbors and those outside the sex worker community.
- Work in collaboration to Nikat charitable association to led and support FSWs to organize community mobilization or other activities to create smooth link with the local community. E.g to participate in neighborhood clean-ups to establish a good relationship with their neighbors etc.
- Work closely with the health facilities and regional health office to build capacity and ensure that collaboration harm reduction activities are in line with the Project proposal.
- Oversee the management of the medical stock and staff first aid and hygiene kits at the Semera field office and ensure referral link of FSW to health facilities and collect periodic data in collaboration with health center medical staffs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local government officials and partners, more specifically ensure close collaboration with the Woreda Health Office and with other NGOs, donors, UN agencies, local government bodies.
- Produce monthly reports on Project program achievements and update regular MdM online monitoring tool.
- Also produce periodic reports as per donor requirements (Quarter, Biannual, Annual, etc)
- Support and lead the implementation of the Project program activities at Asayita, Dubti, Logia, Duchto and Mille;
- Identify training gaps and develop capacity building plan for HC and MdM project staff.
- In close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator, report on FSW harm reduction related activities
- Ensure DIC should ideally have rooms that can be used for rest and relax, infotainment, one-on-one meetings or counselling, and one for community activities. There should be a private bathroom and shower.
- Regular follow up that the DIC should be equipped essential materials for cooking, cleaning, laundry, sanitation and group activities.
- Communicate relevant information and needs between FSW & other direct project staffs
- Strengthen communication with partners & beneficiaries
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by mentoring and coaching them;
- Hold regular program team meetings and information sharing through a consultative leadership style and a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure;
- Follow the guidance of the Medco and MdM Advisors regarding quality of care and ensure that technical guidelines/protocols are in place;
- Ensure quality implementation of FSW harm reduction project activities.
- Follow contextual development in semera and prepare an update for the monthly reporting of situation reports (SITREP) mainly for health situation update, harm reduction and mapping of female sex workers in Ethio- Djibouti corridor of Afar region
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor the Progress of Project Log frame indicators via the MdM on-line tool on a monthly basis
- Compile monthly project activities report and submit to Field coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
- Prepare any other report requested by MdM Field Coordinator and/or MdM General Coordinator.
- Coordinate & organize Nikat monthly & quarter review meetings
Duty station: Ethiopia, Afar region, Semera field Office with regular movements to the field (Asayita, Dubti, Logia, Duchto and Mille)
Employment Term: 5 months with possibility of extension, start immediately.
Basic Salary: 67,392.00 ETB
Transportation Allowance -1,300.00 ETB
Hard ship Allowance -30% of Basic Salary / 20,217.60 ETB
Lunch allowance – 2,860.00 ETB/ Taxable
Medical Coverage – 94,000 ETB/Year for employee and employee family / husband, wife and Children’s
- Educational Qualification
- MSc Degree in public Health and related education.
- Minimum of 5-year experience in the Harm reduction programs for vulnerable populations –experience / training on SRH.
- Project management experience, HIV AIDS, Harm reduction life skill training, GBV training and capacity building is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of working experience with an international NGO in emergency contexts.
Skills and qualities required
- English and Amharic language are mandatory and knowledge of Afar language is an advantage (speaking and writing).
- Experience in partnership development and management.
- Strong organizational skills in emergency situations and autonomous in daily operations.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Fully fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-Point.
- Showing flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability.
- Capacity to work and to live in a remote and isolated area.
- Experience/knowledge of Afar region is a plus.
- Experience in donor funded project is a plus.
- English: Fluent
- Amharic: Fluent
- Afar : is an asset
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link https://forms.gle/zUCJ53btAT8btTZz7(Note: All the information that provided in this form is true and accurate) and submit their CV with cover letter through [email protected] with the subject Program CoordinatorFemale candidates are encouraged