Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) Nurse (3)
- KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health and nutrition services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per MOH Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
§ Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of OTP, EPI, health education and consultations.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnuts and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Work any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
- EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Diploma/ Bachelor in Nursing or Public Health.
· Minimum Three years working experience with out of which two years in CMAM program and/ mobile health and Nutrition. Experience for NGOs is advantage.
· Experience in clinical setups is mandatory particularly Maternal and child health areas
§ Knowledge, training and experience in management of CMAM, SAM management and IMNCI/ICCM.
§ Solid technical skill on case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
§ Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
§ Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
§ Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
§ Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
§ Good human relation skills.
§ Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
§ Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
Hardship allowance will be paid 50% of the basic salary for Female staff and 40% of basic salary for Male staff
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- SC Values are: Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity, and Integrity. To meet the value system, the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following competencies on an ongoing basis.
- Leading Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/organisation.
- Thinking Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practices within and outside the organisation.
- Working effectively with others: Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others
How To Apply:
- Application Information:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en