Woreda Social Accountability Expert (WSAE)
- Progress Integrated Community Development Organization (PICDO) is a local Civil Society Organization (CSO) would like to invite potential applicants for the following vacant posts under the New Project entitled “Promoting Family Planning (FP) and Maternal Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) service through Social Accountability Activities” funded by The New Partnerships Initiative (NPI) Ethiopia, NPI EXPAND Project, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project that supports missions with increasing the availability and utilization of quality health services in Sidama National Regional states.
Main duty and Responsibility
- Identify viable stakeholders (Health Facilities, Health Extension Workers, and Community Structures) for the project to partner with;
- Coordinate the Community Score Card process activities at each kebele of the respective woreda;
- Facilitate the establishment of client council, interface meeting and JAP preparation
- Provide training and technical support to PHCU and HEWs
- Support client council members to develop capacity in SA process skill;
- Collaborate with all SA key stakeholders at kebele and woreda level (example community structures government offices and council);
- Follow CSC scoring conducted at kebele level quarterly using 1-30 HDA leaders
- Support PHCU in organizing town hall meetings and development of joint action plan
- Organize monthly meeting with HEWs and PHCU leaders monthly review joint action plan implementation
- Organize monthly, quarterly review meeting at woreda level
- Ensure safeguarding the organization staff, target community groups and stakeholders from sexual abuse, exploitation and other forms of harms
Required No: 8
Report to: Project Coordinator
Terms of employment: one year contract with possible extension.
Place of work: Sidama National Regional State, Targeted woredas.
- Required qualification and experience
- BA/BSC degree in health-related field or social science
- Experience in Social Accountability or Community Score Card
- Knowledge on safeguarding children and adult at risk
- Training and facilitation skills
- Good facilitator – active on the ground
- Good English language skill and computer skill
- Good Sidama language spoken and writing skill
- Willingness to spend significant time to create a rapport and partnership with key SA
key stakeholders (local government, community structures and council)
- Female applicants are highly encouraged.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants should send their application with updated CV and copy of testimonial documents through contact email address [email protected]; [email protected] within 7 consecutive days of the announcement.
Note: Use “Woreda Social Accountability Expert (WSAE)” as the subject line of your email !
Only short-listed applicant shall be considered for exam.