Health and Nutrition Coordinator – Roster
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
She/he will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of outreach EPI, health education, and screening, OTP, as per the guideline of RHB and WHO mobile health and Nutrition teams. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation, people provided for health education, vaccinated children, screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda health offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Planning and Implementation of the Health and nutrition activities (30%)
- Develop detail action plan and Ensure effective implementation of overall health and nutrition component in line with the existing donor approved project document in collaboration with other the project staff and other stakeholders.
- Provide close follow up in MHNT activity planning and implementation
- Strong working relationship with health bureau at regional/woreda and kebele level
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus.
- Develop integration frame work of MHNT team at each implementation area
- To ensure proper health and nutrition and medical management is provided to the beneficiaries.
- To ensure Plan’s & national protocols are respected and followed in the treatment centers.
- To ensure proper implementation of nutrition/health education sessions.
- To participate in technical staff recruitment, training and supervision
- To evaluate the impact of programs through regular field visits, data collection and reports
- To oversee other field activities such as community mobilization, nutrition and health education sessions and community screening by CDF’s (community nutrition workers and volunteers).
- To monitor program activities to ensure that treatment centers achieve acceptable performance indicators (such as cure rate, defaulter, death, non-response rates) and IYCF implementation based on SPHERE standards.
- Follow & check field activities are accomplished regarding to suitable protocols.
- Request adequate food and non-food items for each distribution sites.
- Create smooth relationship among field staff and recognize team work progress.
Technical Support and Capacity Building (30%)
- Jointly develop monthly, weekly work plan with other MHNT staffs
- On job technical support to HW, HEW on ICCM/IMNCI, EPI, OTP, health/nutrition activity and documentation
- Provides support for health and nutrition trainings, workshops, and meetings conducted at zonal/woreda/Kebele level
- Assess the capacity gap in assigned catchment Health facilities and fill the gaps
- Conduct training need assessment to identify relevant community members (woreda HO, CSW, HAD, HEW, HWs) knowledge gap and design appropriate training accordingly
- Strengthening of early referrals mechanism at health facilities and community level
- Implement and facilitate awareness-raising sessions at centres and community levels, based on a guidebook; particularly on child development, mothering practices, mother and child interactions and breastfeeding practices
Monitoring and Supervision (20%)
- To participate in identifying MoH personnel, partner LNGO’s or INGO’s for collaboration in nutrition activities and/or technical training for management of acute malnutrition and integrating IYCF with other project activities.
- To organize and carry out health and nutrition trainings for partners, especially MoH personnel where possible (e.g. technical workshops, training on SAM guidelines, IYCF and CBN guidelines, etc).
- To follow up and provide ongoing technical support to the activities of the trained partners
- To participate in the evaluation of these activities, and to propose recommendations for developing future capacity building strategies for Plan
- Maintain up-to-date data related to nutrition and other activities and deliver to ER coordinator
- Facilitate/Conduct joint, supportive supervision with MHNT and CO level health and nutrition thematic specialist on the activities.
- Facilitates and encourages regular review meeting and review schedules at all woreda levels and help the different institutions have it institutionalized commitment;
- Together with other health and nutrition team sets project quality standards and action steps and monitor the performance accordingly;
- Prepare a monthly program and program support plan that helps to visit field activities and provide formal and informal feedback to the program staff in terms of recommendations for improved performance;
- Conducts regular mentoring to community health workers and health extension workers and develop their group and individual counselling skills.
- Collect key client data and prepare reports on progress made, together with observations, challenges faced, and lessons learned
Ensuring on time reporting, data quality and learning documentation (20%)
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly high-quality reports
- Establishes and maintains documentation system for all program activities including, minutes of technical meetings
- Document project learning, success stories, case studies, and learning briefs
- Ensure improved data collection and reporting systems during supportive supervision or monitoring field visits to each project operational areas
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education MPH/BSc in public health, nursing, nutrition
- 4 (four) years of relevant professional experience in a similar position
- In depth knowledge and experience of health and nutrition programming in the humanitarian context essential.
- Familiarity with MHN activity in Emergency Settings
- In depth knowledge of primary health care system
- In depth knowledge and experience of IMNCI, AMYCN, IYCF-E implementation
- Strong organizational and supervisory, Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments and Cross-cultural Awareness
- Ability to work within a team structure, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources
How To Apply:
- The closing date for the application is July 15, 2022. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Make sure to mention your specific location on your Application letter for which location you are applying.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated links.
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.