Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment Clinical Advisor – Seconded to MoH
CAP at Columbia University
Job Title: Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment Clinical Advisor – Seconded to MoH
Incumbent: Pediatrics and Child Health Advisor
Duty Station: Addis Ababa
Line Manager: MOH-HIV Team Coordinator
Reporting to the HIV case team coordinator, the National Pediatric HIV care and treatment clinical advisor will provide technical support in the planning and implementation of family centered pediatrics and adolescent programs at FMOH. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the planning, coordination and providing overall direction for the Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programming as well as providing strong leadership to a team of implementers working with the MOH and national stakeholders.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
As advisor of the Pediatric HIV care and treatment program of MOH, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· Provide technical assistance at national level in the implementation of pediatric HIV care and treatment and adolescent peer program
· Provide technical assistance to the FMoH and RHBs in developing/updating different guidelines, working formats, job aids ,client education materials and monitoring and evaluation tools
· Support the FMoH, organize and provide/facilitate ToT on adolescent /pediatric part of the comprehensive HIV care and treatment
· Participate in national level joint supportive supervision and review meeting
· Support capacity building of staffs in the health care system at the MOH, Regional and Zonal level
· Prepare national level pediatric work plan with targeted benchmark indicators
· Provide technical assistance in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Pediatrics/Adolescent programs led by MOH and supported by regional health bureaus
· Support MOH to facilitate Adolescent & Pediatrics related training and monitor the quality
· Support MoH to facilitate the implementation and scaleup of HIVST in Children
· Support MOH to ensure the implementation of adolescent & Pediatrics minimum package in ICAP supported heath networks
· Review monthly Adolescent & Pediatrics performance and provide feedback
· Ensure that all Pediatrics related targets are met
· Present and participate actively in monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual MOH performance review meetings.
· Compiles monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity reports
· Perform others duties assigned by the supervisor.
- MD with Specialty in pediatrics and child health is preferable
- Five years of experience in implementation of and Pediatric HIV Care and Treatment programs
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, organizing and conducting training.
- Experience in development of national documents related to pediatrics HIV/AIDS Programs
- Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer skills (MS Office and statistical packages)
How To Apply:
Only online applications are received
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – July 07, 2022.