Health Program Coordinator
Action for Social Development and Environmental Protection Organization (ASDEPO) is national NGO and not for profit humanitarian organization established in accordance with the charities and societies proclamation No 621/2009 and re registered under the 1113/2019 revised proclamation. ASDEPO is implementing currently various projects in Oromiya, SNNPR, Somali, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, Tigray and Amhara regions.
The Health Program Coordinator will responsible for designing, implementing, and managing emergency and development health programs. Health program coordinators will often supervise other public health professionals, such as regional coordinators, MHNT team leaders and other health care works. To meet its objectives ASDEPO calls for competent professionals to apply for the vacant
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper implementation and execution of all health activities of projects.
- Represents ASDEPO in health and health related issues and communicates and handle issues with Donors, governmental and other stakeholders.
- Initiates innovative ideas and approaches with regard to health interventions.
- Ensure collaborative relationships within ASDEPO at all levels, Clusters and convey information & ideas and effectively coordinate to ensure overall project targets and donor compliances are met.
- Provide quality primary health care services through mobile health and nutrition modality
- Ensure that all the necessary materials, supplies & equipment are available for program activities
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control all the programmatic activities and human & material resources of the project.
- Assist M&E officer to produce consolidated and well organized monthly, quarterly, and annual plans and reports of the project.
- Facilitate, coordinate and participate in staff meetings and stakeholders review meetings, management meetings, different workshops and trainings when required.
- Conduct planned field level monitoring and supervision and submits field visit report to the Program Head
- Follow-up the budget utilization of each project activities
- Participate and play active role in the preparation of project proposals, annual plans and appraisal
- Prepare, organize, track and share timely & regular reports on health intervention including outcome level success/case stories.
Vacancy No: ASDEPO/Vac/007/22
Location: ASDEPO Head Office, Addis Ababa
Type of Employment: Contract, Initially for six months with possibility of extension
Number of post: One
- MSc/MPH/BSC in Health
- MSc/MPH/BSC in Minimum five years working experience for Degree and three years’ experience for Master in coordinating health program activities especially in rural area and has strong knowledge and skill of team work and understanding of government priorities and donor regulations and reporting requirements for International Humanitarian Non-governmental Organizations.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Work experience in areas of humanitarian assistance and response and/or prior experience in IDP, Refugees and host communities will add value.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Emergency Health Care Response system particularly in Mobile health and Nutrition Team
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found through email@example.com before the closing date of this announcement.
Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicant’s personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for exam and interviews.
“ASDEPO is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
Deadline for all applications: 29 June 2022