Digital Health/Technology Advisor needed at Palladium, June 23 2022
Digital Health/Technology Advisor
Position: Digital Health/Technology Advisor
Employment: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa
- Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact—the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved—and is committed to continuing to improve—economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
- Palladium is recruiting for manager positions for a USAID-funded project that aims to support Ethiopia’s health sector in planning, implementing, regulating, institutionalizing, and sustaining the quality improvement efforts in the country for improved client satisfaction and health service utilization to improve health outcomes. These roles will provide operational and managerial support to the COP, technical, and administrative teams, and will support overall project activities. S/he must have an appropriate balance of leadership and interpersonal skills and experience and the ideal candidate must have experience in Ethiopia and/or East Africa. Ideally these candidates will be recognized leaders in their field and will have some experience in administrative capacities or RMNCAH service delivery, quality improvement and quality assurance models and approaches, data use, health financing, or community health services. For more information on the potential project, please consult the RFI:https://govtribe.com/opportunity/federal-grant-opportunity/improving-quality-of-healthcare-iqh-rfi66322000005iqh-1. This position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award.
- The Digital Health/Technology Advisor will be responsible for providing oversight of data and MIS operations within IQH under the supervision of the COP and provides collaborative support with the MEL/CLA/KM team in designing, developing, and implementing data systems and approaches that strengthen data management. The Advisor will also be responsible for oversight of digital approaches and provides collaborative support in designing, developing, and implementing digital approaches and utilizing modern technology within IQH systems.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
- Master’s degree in public health, public administration, digital technology, healthcare administration, or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ of progressively increasing responsibility work project management with at least 3 years in a senior leadership position on a project that is implemented on similar scale and context similar to IQH.
- Experience implementing large-scale digital health projects with a high comfort level with writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to a variety of audiences.
- Familiarity with DHIS2 and experience with advisement to country teams on technological implementations and innovations and the ability to communicate effectively across technical disciplines and with non-technical audiences.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
How To Apply:
- Applicants should apply by clicking on the relevant link and indicating their position of interest: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/13406?c=palladium