Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Improvement (QI) Manager
- Palladium is a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact—the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved—and is committed to continuing to improve—economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
- Palladium is recruiting for manager positions for a USAID-funded project that aims to support Ethiopia’s health sector in planning, implementing, regulating, institutionalizing, and sustaining the quality improvement efforts in the country for improved client satisfaction and health service utilization to improve health outcomes. These roles will provide operational and managerial support to the COP, technical, and administrative teams, and will support overall project activities. S/he must have an appropriate balance of leadership and interpersonal skills and experience and the ideal candidate must have experience in Ethiopia and/or East Africa. Ideally these candidates will be recognized leaders in their field and will have some experience in administrative capacities or RMNCAH service delivery, quality improvement and quality assurance models and approaches, data use, health financing, or community health services. For more information on the potential project, please consult the RFI:https://govtribe.com/opportunity/federal-grant-opportunity/improving-quality-of-healthcare-iqh-rfi66322000005iqh-1. This position will be based in Addis Ababa and is contingent upon award.
The Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Improvement (QI) Manager will be responsible for providing strategic, technical leadership, and management support for to the process of identifying proven, harmonized and scalable Quality Improvement (QI) strategies and approaches to support and sustain the implementation of inclusive and equitable RMNCAH services in selected urban and peri-urban health facilities and referral hospitals. In collaboration with stakeholders and partners, the Manager will support the implementation of harmonized national QI/QA data use guidance appropriate for urban and peri-urban Primary Health Care Units (PHCU) and Woreda referral facilities. The Manager will collaborate with QA/QI project staff on effective methods to build working relationships with the Federal Ministry of Health, Regional Health Bureaus, Woreda health offices, and other development partners via the RMNCAH Technical Working Group (TWG) and relevant stakeholder forums.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected].
- – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
- Master’s degree in public health, healthcare quality required; a Medical Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA and QI interventions in the context of RMNCAH and health systems strengthening initiatives in Ethiopia or similar settings.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting QI interventions at all levels of the health system, preferably at district and facility levels.
- Knowledge of QA/QI project management principles and ability to work with teams at different levels of the health system.
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
How To Apply:
- Applicants should apply by clicking on the relevant link and indicating their position of interest: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/13406?c=palladium