Child Protection and GBV Prevention officer (BHA2)
Purpose of the position:
The Child Protection/GBV officer will be accountable for the, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WVE supported emergency programming, with a focus on child protection and GBV prevention and response. This work will be undertaken within the context of the broader WVE response to the IDP and humanitarian actions. The Child Protection/GBV officer will also support the coordination of other emergency programming (health and nutrition, education) as relevant within the WVE response to emergency crisis work.
· Compiling and analyzing data, and related information on overall IDP, returnees and humanitarian crisis in the target area, with a specific focus on child protection/GBV, and prepare written inputs accordingly to inform effective program planning, development and management
· Undertakes regular protection service delivery for vulnerable women, girls and children to recover from the traumatized experiences caused by conflict and forced displacement.
· Collect information; identify problems and constraints in order to ensure effective project delivery.
· Participate in meetings with relevant coordination forums, local authorities, other actors and donors to discuss and represent WVE’s work
· Facilitate training for various community groups on relevant topics of child protection and gender-based violence sector in partnership with civil society and government actors
· Monitor, analyses and evaluate project results to ensure achievement of objectives and take corrective action when necessary.
Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for children and women protection in emergency related activities
- Required Professional Qualifications:
- BA degree in social work, sociology, psychology, public health and relevant field of social sciences
- Fluent in written and spoken English as well as in local languages
Required Professional Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in child protection, Gender-based violence and related areas, program/project development and management in emergency context is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing child protection and GBV trainings to a variety of stakeholders
· Direct case management and experience working with children, women and adolescents is an asset.
· Knowledge and experience on Gender Based Violence programming including prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Filed based with frequent travel to emergency response sites
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants are required to Write Position Titleon the subjectline and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies