Midwife Nurse (BHA2)
Purpose of the position:
The Midwife Nurse is responsible for carrying out all components of MNCH packages (ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI) in the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package in outreach locations. S/he will be expected to work in collaboration with the district health offices, local stakeholders, staffs of World Vision and partners for effective implementation project activities. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. The position holder is responsible to strengthening of early referrals mechanism all obstetrics complications and other maternal and child health illnesses. S/he will work with local health authorities and communities to ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness
· Provide technical support and participate in carrying out all components of MNCH packages (ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI
· Provide essential lifesaving primary health care services to displaced people and people who have no access to health services.
· Support woreda/facility level Routine immunization, vaccination campaigns including vitamin A supplementation and support community level public communication campaign to raise awareness on COVID-19 and other epidemics prone diseases.
· Coordinate with the team member in operational matters (e.g. Supplies, Fuel, Stationery, etc.) and liaise with local authorities, represent the team in meetings and be responsible with all communications of the team
· Ensure that all medicine, medical supplies and equipment needed for the activities are available before departure
- Required Qualifications:
- Education: Midwifery
· Fluent in written and spoken English as well as knowledge of local languages is advantageous
· Proven experience in supervising, coaching and mentoring others with minimum of two years’ relevant experience for degree holders and four years of experience for Diploma holders.
· Additional certificate on Emergency Drug Kits, PHEM, MHPSS and IPC for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an asset.
Working Environment / Conditions:
The position requires willingness to be based at Woreda and with a frequent travel to the outreach locations
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants are required to Write Position Titleon the subjectline and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram