OTP/SC officers (BHA2)
Purpose of the position:
OTP/SC Officer support woreda health offices and PHCUs in systematic nutrition screening, active case detection, early referral and admission of acute malnutrition cases through routine nutrition screening and Growth Monitoring and Promotion (GMP) programs as well as Extended Outreach Services (EOS) or Child Health Days (CHD) campaigns. He/she will support heath facilities (Primary Hospitals, Health Centers and Health Posts) in the treatment of acute malnutrition among nutrition priority groups, mainly Children U5 and PLW and referral linkage services in accordance with the national protocol and SPHERE standard. He/she will support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach. The position holder will support and assist woreda health offices and health facilities in the procurement of gap filling SC/OTP supplies, job aids, and anthropometric equipment’s for the management of Acute Malnutrition in Outpatient therapeutic program(OTP) and Stabilization Center (SC).
· Supporting woredas and PHCU in planning and conducting nutrition screening activities;
· Ensuring existence of functional referral pathways and linkages between communities and HF and vice versa;
· Promoting the availability of services to which beneficiaries can be referred, training of staff in nutrition screening and referral services;
· Ensuring that HFs are equipped with minimum supplies needed for nutrition screening activities, (e.g. MUAC tapes, registration and reporting format, referral forms, guidelines etc.);
· Promoting and supporting community mobilization and sensitization activities towards nutrition screening program.
· Support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach.
· Implement and Provide technical support for TSFP (food distribution), Site preparation (IDPs), and mobilization of community, and nutritional screening for both host & IDPs
· Conduct regular supportive supervision and provide technical support on stabilization Center and Outpatient Therapeutic Program sites every week;
· Ensure linkage of OTP discharges, MAM children, and acutely Malnourished PLW to distribution of protection and TSF ration (If applicable);
· Print, laminate and Provide the necessary OTP/SC guide lines and protocols for running OTP/SC, photocopy for other related activities;
· Protect, promote and support Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program in the health system, including health facilities with due emphasis on enhancing the availability and integration of IYCF counselling services in coordination with IYCF team members.
· Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form
· Ensure the integration of IYCF to CMAM programming through strengthening of psychosocial & emotional sites & IYCF promotion & counseling with assigned team member
- Required Qualifications:
· BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
· Certificates on:
1. Acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training
2. Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training
3. Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS)
4. Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
· Demonstrated skills in CMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Experience in cascading family MUAC approach
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Good human relation skills.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
· Strong adherence to World Vision values;
· Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
· Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program.
Working Environment / Conditions:
The position requires willingness to be based at Woreda and with a frequent travel to the outreach locations
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants are required to Write Position Titleon the subjectline and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram