Project Coordinator (II)
- Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian civil society organization which runs various developmental programs at community level in Ethiopia focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Child development, Women development and Livelihood promotion programs, Promotion of social accountability that empowers vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo Zone, Awl Zone, South Gojam, South Gondar – Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone – Oromia Region, Oromia Special Woreda (Sululta) and selected woredas in the Afar region and in Addis Ababa in partnership with various International donors and INGOs, Regional Government structures, National CSOs and the communities.
Currently, PADet would like to hire potential candidates in the following positions for its project (“Promoting Family Planning (FP) and Maternal Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) through Social Accountability Activities”) which will soon start implementation in the South Wollo Zone of Amhara region in partnership with Palladium/USAID.
Job summary: The Social Accountability Project coordinator (PC) shall be stationed in the South Wollo Zone capital city, Dessie town. S/He is responsible for coordinating SA activities implemented in the eight intervention Woredas.
- Ensure full adherence/compliance to donor’s directives and guidelines during project implementation.
- Lead the project team in activity planning and budget forecasting – so that every team member understands the project activities, the resources available and how to account for these.
- Follow-up and implement directives and guidelines of the project management team as per the contract with the donor & ensure that new directives are shared with and understood by the stakeholders and all project team members.
- Provide technical, organizational, and coaching support to all the Woreda project officers
- Support and mobilize Woreda SA experts for meaningful involvement in respective Woreda planning and implementation.
- Together with communication & M&E officer, provide training to Woreda SA experts.
- Coordinate CSC activities across the woredas;
- Oversee project implementation and fund allocation and expenditures; the preparation and submission of narrative and financial reports to donors as per the grant agreement and operational manual – follow-up timely disbursement of the project funds.
- Establish partnerships with local governments.
- Ensure the organization of monitoring visits, either planned by the donor or requested by the government, development partners or other stakeholders – participate in such visits.
- Liaise with regional, zonal and woreda sector bureaus and departments on social accountability project matters including submitting progress reports as required.
Grade Level: VIII
Location: Field office – Dessie
Report to:Program Manager
Number of staff required: one
- Education qualification, experience & skill;
- BA/ BSC in the Social sciences, health sciences and other development fields with minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel, power point, Microsoft access,etc.
- Good leadership and coordination skills
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- NGO experience is advantageous
How To Apply:
- Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 7 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office – Addis Ababa – P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-694928/29/0989015124
Note: Use “Project Coordinator (II)” as the subject line of your email!
Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.