Wereda Social Accountability Expert (FP/MNCH)
- Mahibere Hiwot for Social Development (MSD) is a non-governmental and non-profit making organization founded in October 1999. Since its establishment, MSD has been implementing different programs in collaboration with partners on providing broad range of HIV prevention, care and treatment services and Sexual and Reproductive health (SRH), Migration & Trafficking, Good Governance, Education and Child Development in different parts of the country.
MSD is a child safe organization and all successful applicants will be required to sign the Safeguarding Code of Conduct. The safety and wellbeing of children and at-risk adults are priorities of MSD. The organization provides a safe environment in all its programs and activities. It has strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in its programmes.
MSD is looking for qualified and competent applicants for the following position:
The project entitled “Social Accountability for Better Primary Health Service Delivery” is designed with the overall objective of improving access to high quality and high impact Family Planning and Maternal, New born and Child Health (FP/MNCH) services for rural underserved population at four woredas of North Wollo zone (Woldia, Dawunt, Gazo and Gidan), and four woredas of Waghimra zone (Sekota town, Sekota Zuria, Dahina and Gazgibla) in Amhara Region through active engagement of the community and its structures that is intended to be realized using Social Accountability (SA) tools. The project is funded by the Palladium, under U.S. Agency for International Development-funded program NPI EXPAND.
Under the supervision of the project officer, the Wereda Social Accountability Expert is responsible for the overall implementation of the project at all kebeles in the respective weredas.
- Main tasks of the expert:
- Identify viable stakeholders (Health Facilities, Health Extension Workers, and Community Structures) for the project to partner with;
- Coordinate the community score card process activities at each kebele of the respective woreda;
- Facilitate the establishment of client council, interface meeting and JAP preparation
- Support client council members to develop capacity in SA process skill;
- Collaborate with all SA key stakeholders at kebele and woreda level (example community structures government offices and council);
- Organize and participate in monitoring visits either planned by the project or requested by government, development partners or other stakeholders.
Reports to: Project Officer
Staff required: 8 (One at each Wereda)
Station: Sekota, Sekota Zuria, Gazbibla, Dehana, Dawunit, Gazo, Gidan and Woldia weredas found at North Wollo and Wag Himra zones.
- Minimum qualifications and skills:
- BA in health, social science and any development field
- Two years SA experience
- Basic computer literacy and willingness to learn mobile application technology
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Good networker – active on the ground
How To Apply:
- Applicants can send their CV which is not more than 3 pages through [email protected] with the subject line of position in which you are applying for. You can also submit CV with credentials in person to MSD head office Telephone 0118699419, Yeka Sub city Signal to Shola Road around Wegagen Bank.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.