- Médecins du Monde is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response. MEDECINS DU MONDE FRANCE (MDM) invites qualified candidates, to apply for the following Position
The Health Officer’s overall responsibility is centered on the provision of quality, lifesaving care in the supported Health Centres and mobile clinics, through consultations, referral, and follow-up and accurate patient record keeping as per Ministry of Health (MoH) and MDM set protocols. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Health services provision
- Delivers high quality curative and preventive health care services during outpatient consultation
- Inpatient review in collaboration with the facility Medical officer if available
- He/she follows up rational prescriptions for the supplies provided to supported facilities/MHNC
- Facilitates training and mentorship for staff on rational use of drugs
- Provides, emotional and psychological support to patients and family members
- Applies medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat patients according to MoH or international protocols (WHO).
- Provides emergency care, stabilisation and referral of patients requiring secondary and tertiary care
- Facilitates safe referrals of patients following agreed referral pathway
- Monitors the rational distribution and management of medicines and equipment
- Ensures Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) standards are adhered to at all time
- Facilitates safe referral of patients following agreed referral pathway
- Communicates with relevant authorities and MDM in case of a potential outbreak through the surveillance system (EWARS)
Supervision of the provision of quality health services
- Ensures quality clinical consultations, treatment, referral and follow up activities follows the MoH and International (WHO) protocols.
- Ensures all consultations with patients are in a dignified, confidential and appropriate manner in keeping with the standards and principles set out by MDM.
- Supervises the COVID 19 screening and follow up on suspected cases in adherence to the measures as provided by Ethiopian Ministry of Public Health in ensuring staff duty safety.
- Supervises the outreach activities carried out by MDM supported HEWs
Human resources management
- Supervises the HEWs (MDM)
- Liaising with HF administration and management
Duty station: Ethiopia, Afar region, Yalo field Office (with regular movements to the field)
Employment Term: 3 months with possibility of extension, start immediately
Reported to: Programme Coordinator.
- Educational Qualification
- BSC Degree in Medicine /Surgery or Public Health / Higher Diploma
- At least 3 years of working experience as health officer in a health facility/Mobile Clinic in emergency
Skills and qualities required
- Essential – Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills in emergency situations and autonomous in daily operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of institutional health system in Ethiopia
- Women are strongly encouraged to candidate
- Afar :An asset
How To Apply:
Interested applicant who meet the above requirement should summit their application letter and CV, Fill the application form by using the following link: https://forms.gle/NzRLEpTFez24vbkt8