Continuous Professional Development and Training Coordinator needed at Ethiopian Public Health Association, June 3 2022
Continuous Professional Development and Training Coordinator
- The Ethiopian Public Health Association (EPHA), the legally mandated agency to license and re-license Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programs, and provide CPD trainings, believes that CPD should be systematically organized, tied to relicensing system and delivered effectively to help maintain and enhance professional competence and ensure quality health services in the country.
In order to strengthening the CPD system and to scale up its proper implementation, EPHA needs to hire CPD Coordinator to coordinate the training and related activities that will be conducted in its future Training House.
The purpose of the job is to conduct professional development and training need and program evaluation assessment; identify, design, coordinate/facilitate continuous professional development and training programs of the Association; facilitate and coordinate training material preparation; organize and coordinate trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences of the Association; produce activity reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops work plans that detail the steps necessary to implement professional development and training programs.
- Participates in the development and revision of policies, procedures, guidelines and templates of the professional development and training functions.
- Supports the preparation of training materials in advance and ensure training venues are arranged in advance.
- Ensures, audio-visual aids and other equipment for the management of the training are available as required.
- Identifies professional development areas in view of building the capacity of members& staff.
- Asses the local capacity in identified areas and make every effort for the provision of professional development schemes both in the short& long term.
- Arranges specific training programs, organizes venues, invite participants, confirm their participation including from regions.
- Collaborates with all health institutions to enhance professional development of members.
- Undertakes researches for new areas of professional development and trainings.
- Reviews the local curriculum and initiate the adoption of additional curriculum that may contribute to the advancement of local capability in the public health sector.
- Participates in organizing training materials, stationary, LCD and other materials.
- Prepares and organizes educational seminars, conferences, meetings, workshops and trainings, records the inputs and ensure it proper documentation.
- Maintains a roster of local training experts and also invite guest speakers as appropriate.
- Prepares training reports at the end of training program and conducts program evaluation and impact assessment.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
No. of Position: One
Reports to: Professional Development and Training Directorate
Duration: One year with possible extension of the contract depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funding
- Job Specification
- PHD in Public Health plus pedagogy, TOT, training management training or MD degree in Medicine/MA in Health Science/ MPH.
- 2 years of experience or BSC degree in Public Health/ Health Science with 4 years of relevant experience.
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants can submit non-returnable updated CV, Cover letter, and supporting educational and work experience related documents in person to: ETHIOPIAN PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION (EPHA); Located 500m on the road from Dembel city center to Meskel flower Hotel Or near Dreamliner Hotel, Tel 0114166041 or 0114166083 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram