External Vacancy Announcement
Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) is a legally registered, autonomous, and not-for-profit professional association established in 1992 and re-registered under the new civil society proclamation. Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) operates in all regions of Ethiopia by using and works for the quality of midwifery education and care. EMwA has been a member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) since 1993.
The primary goal of EMwA is to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and child mortality and morbidity in Ethiopia, which are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) global initiatives. The vision of the association is to see every woman, newborn, and their family have access to standard midwifery care. The mission of the association is to promote and enhance the expansion, performance and status of midwifery profession through adapting quality and evidence based practices; adhering to the code of ethics and conduct empowering the professionals.
To achieve the desired results, Ethiopian Midwives Association would like to hire competent candidate for the following position.
The Nutrition reports to the Project coordinator/manager, is responsible for planning, coordinating, facilitating and Providing RMNCAH-N services and humanitarian activities program in the region. S/he also conduct and coordinate different surveys on the efficiency and effectiveness of the programs and its impact at the grass root level.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide screening of malnutrition provide clinical services
- Provide the families of malnourished children receive appropriate education and participated in the nutrition program
- Participate on health and nutrition related assessments
- Pprovide technical support from screening to discharge if applicable (admission, treatment, follow up and referral) to provide care to under five years old malnourished children and uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition cases
- Conduct community health education and mobilization to increase demand for service utilization
- Strengthening early referrals mechanism
- Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or Woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
- Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community, IDPs and Health facilities.
- Train and support community-based volunteer where applicable, health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
- Document and share best practices to the health facility
- Prepare and compile Weekly, monthly and quarterly activity reports and submit to the coordinator
- Prepare weekly and monthly indicators report for the assigned service areas.
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned by immediate coordinator.
- Conducts baseline information related access to health and nutrition in collaboration with other staff members and prepares plan of action for respective woredas/kebeles
- Provide technical and logistical support to the woreda health sector for effective implementation of nutrition interventions activities
- Analyzing and reporting nutrition situation and prevailing trends
- Promote gender equity and equality through each level of nutrition activities
- Plan with HEWs and other health workers working in TFP for effective, sustainable and efficient implementation of nutrition intervention
- Provide Woreda level basic CMAM and IYCF trainings to HEWs/Other health professional
- Ensuring adherence to and respect of current protocols
- Ensure the cards, registration books and other necessary formats are filled and documented proper
- Perform another Other duties as required
Reports to:Project Coordinator /Manager
Additional instruction from:Project/Program Manager
Grade Level: VIII
Required No_: 2
- BSC in Nutrition and above, Midwife and other health professionals with background of nutrition
Experience and training:
- Experience in clinical practice and in-depth understanding of international & National reproductive, maternal and new-born health and nutrition.
- Experience on emergency nutrition and PHEM intervention like CMAM, IYCF, major epidemic diseases surveillance and epidemic/outbreak investigation and response
- Training on CMAM and IYCF
- Experience of facilitation of training and review meetings
- Knowledge of local language to the respective Woredas is preferred
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Ensure that IMC’s food security program and approach is in line with policies and strategies of the Government of Ethiopia’s as well
Competencies/ Technical skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Good planning and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrable professionalism;
- Program Management and team leader skills
- Problem solving skills and flexibility
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with staffs and partners; being a strong team player.
Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in stressful environment, and stay in the project areas for a given period of time
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to star work immediately
- Ability to communicate effectively both spoken & written in English and Amharic
- Having additional regional working language skill
- Clearance from previous working organization
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through e-mail: [email protected] , or P.O.Box 1410, or in person to Ethiopian Midwives Association’s Head Office located on Equatorial Guinea Street, Haya Hulet, behind Elsa Kolo or behind Meklit Building, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- A cover letter / application letter (not more than one page)
- A CV (not more than 3 pages)
- A one-page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer the vacancy announcement while doing this.
Note: Use “Nutrition” as the subject line of your email !
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with your application. You will provide them upon request. Make sure that you state the title of the position on the subject of your email.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- All travel and recruitment related costs should be covered by the applicant.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.