Regional Programme Analyst
The Regional Programme Analyst assists in the analysis and assessment of relevant political, social and economic trends, guiding and facilitating the delivery of UNFPA’s programmes in Oromia National Regional State.
Oromia National Regional State is the largest region in terms of population size and also surface area. One of the big UNFPA’s portfolio is also in Oromia in Regional State. Fertility rate is high in the region having high number of dependent family members with inadequate maternal and neonate health indicators. Access and information to SRHR services is inadequate. There are rampant GBV, and other HTPs (child marriage and Female genital mutilation) issues in the region. The region is also affected by manmade (conflict) and natural disasters (drought) creating difficulty to access services and information for SRHR and SGBV. UNFPA’s strong presence at the regional level will increase UNFPA’s visibility and opportunities for resource mobilization.
Under the overall guidance of UNFPA Ethiopia Representative, you will report to the UNFPA Oromia Regional Programme Officer.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-20225), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within the Country Office (CO) environment and for Oromia Regional State, you will support the effective management of UNFPA programmes in the areas of population and development, reproductive health, Adolescent and Youth, Gender and PD. Through analysis and assessment of political, social and economic trends, you will contribute to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and regional development frameworks.
You will assist in monitoring results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required. You will support the programmes both in development and humanitarian settings and will be an advocate for the nexus agenda on humanitarian, development and peace.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You would be responsible for:
- Ensuring appropriate monitoring and oversight mechanisms and systems are established and implemented at regional level
- Analyzing and interpreting the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA activities, and identifying opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
- Assessing implications of new policy developments and strategies on programme execution, and ensuring their integration.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of project inputs.
- Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning and supporting training needs of project personnel.
- Supporting the advocacy and resource mobilization strategy of the CO, by ensuring preparation of relevant documentation, i.e. regional profile, project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in related meetings and public events.
- Contributing to the creation of the nexus between humanitarian-dev…pea programmes to realize the triple nexus and durable solutions agenda.
- Ensuring appropriate participation of UNFPA in different regional forums and platforms involving donors, key Regional State institutions and other development partners.
- Supporting UNFPA’s advocacy and policy dialogue at regional level.
- Providing technical and operational support to the IPs in the region (Regional Sectoral Bureaus and NGOs) involved in the implementation of the programme.
- Ensuring appropriate support to IPs towards timely design of the Work Plans in line with UNFPA’s standards, procedures and policies.
- Assisting the IPs in timely development and submission of requests for disbursement of funds to UNFPA Country Office.
- Ensuring proper monitoring and implementation of the Work Plans, through regular exchanges with IPs and quality reporting, and programme reviews.
- Assisting the regional counterparts in organizing timely programme monitoring and reviews, and proper reporting.
- Advising the UNFPA CO on any developments at regional level that could affect positively or negatively the implementation of the Programme.
- Providing support to the studies, surveys or assessments, organized at regional level that are relevant to the programme implementation or monitoring.
- Establishing a mechanism for proper communication between IPs at regional level and UNFPA.
- Establishing and maintaining effective collaborative relationships with counterparts at the regional levels, including development partners, multilateral and bilateral donor agencies (including UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes), international and national NGOs, private sector and academic institutions.
- Promoting programme visibility at regional level.
- Supporting the implementing partners in identifying bottlenecks and suggesting possible solutions, which affect programme implementation at regional/District levels in order to support the implementation of UNFPA funded programmes.
- Provide all technical, operational and administrative support to the implementing partners to ensure appropriate and timely implementation and monitoring of the UNFPA funded programmes/projects.
- Prepare comprehensive quarterly technical and financial reports describing implementation status of the various UNFPA programmes/projects.
- Perform other related duties as required by her/his supervisor and the Country Office.
Job ID: 41909
Type of contract:Fixed Term
Duty Station:Addis Ababa, Oromia Regional State, Ethiopia
- Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years professional experience in the field of SRHR, Adolescent and Youth, gender and population programmes both in humanitarian and development contexts, with experience in programme/ project management
- Previous experience with the UN or international organizations is an asset
- Practical experience in designing, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of the local language is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
How To Apply:
- UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy. Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment. Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
For more details and application click the below link: https://erecruit.partneragencies.org/psc/UNDPP1HRE/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=41909&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1