WaSH Officer needed at Save The Children, May 27 2022
Organization: Save The Children
Position: WaSH Officer
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jun 2, 2022
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY: (WaSH officer)
– Facilitates and participate in studies and reviews related to the programme.
– Support the project Manager and WASH Coordinator in planning, designing, development and overall budgeting and, preparation of all Construction and hygiene and sanitation related documents for implementation of public promotion activities.
– Ensure active participation and involvement of Woreda water and health offices, local government and community structures and beneficiaries in planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of environmental health activities.
– In collaboration with local government and community leaders, identify local skilled and unskilled labor, follow SCI established procedures for their engagement, manage and supervise them, keep track of attendance and work log sheet, prepare and ensure timely payment for their labor.
– Ensure timely procurement of construction materials, manage and be accountable for construction materials on construction sites in collaboration with community leaders and water management committees.
– Together with Community Mobilizer and Environmental Health Agents (EHAs), mobilize communities for active participation and involvement in planning and implementation for development, operation and maintenance of water facilities including contributing to capital investment and establishment of a cost recovery mechanism for operational costs.
– Lead the process of conducting detailed assessments for project sites, draft layouts and designs of water supply systems, developed in a participatory process that incorporate the needs of the community, including those of women and vulnerable members of the community. Whenever necessary, advise Wash Manager on possible relocations based on assessment findings and discussions with Woreda administration.
– Participate in bid evaluation and analysis for construction of water and sanitation systems
– Conduct water quality surveillance and testing, build project and Woreda water/health bureaus staff in carrying out water quality testing at water points and households.
– Participate in development of new proposals and review of Wash sector strategy.
– Participate in recruitment and training of WASH Agents and water management committees
– Perform other official duties assigned by the managers of satellite office manager and water, sanitation and hygiene sector head.
Qualifications And Experience
B.Sc. Degree/Diploma in, Environmental health, Water Engineering, Water Supply and sanitation Hydro-geology/hydrology water management engineering, Environmental Engineering and other related field.
– 2/4 years respectively of experience in implementation of large scale construction projects, preferably WASH projects in humanitarian, NGO or Government organizations of relevant experience.
– Fluency in English language both spoken and written.
– Community mobilization and development, familiar with participatory approach
– Technical background and knowledge in environmental health and demonstrated work experience in designing & implementing sanitation and hygiene promotion programs and events
– Knowledge, training and experience in Community Lead Total Sanitation (CLTS) and community mobilization, /BCC/IEC materials preparation
– Knowledge, training and experience in WASH and community mobilization/SBCC program implementation
– Knowledge on and experience working through HDA structure and with communities
– Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
– Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials. & Proficiency in spoken and written local language and English.
– Strong computer and interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
– Knowledge of the local language and Context of the duty station is required.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
– No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
– All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
– Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the Minimum requirements should apply using the below link: https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
on or before June-02-2022.