I Care Project Officer
Position: I Care Project Officer
- The Ethiopian Diabetes Association was established on January 23, 1984 G.C (1976E.C) for the purpose of providing a forum to diabetes patients so that they can discuss ways of prevention, the provision of information and treatment for all affected by diabetes. It is the first patient-based association in the country.
We would like to hire a qualified candidate as listed below:
The Project Officer will report to the program manager/General Manager and He/ She will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating Project activities and closely work with partners. She/he ensures that regular monitoring and evaluation of project progress are conducted and findings of best practices are documented and feed into the planning process.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare a detail activity plan in collaboration with the program manager.
- Facilitation and implementation of planned activities through proper coordination and provision of technical support.
- Timely execution of activities at a high-quality level
- Organize and coordinate training for EDA regional branch office focal representatives in project management & data collection procedures for program/project implementation.
- Establish & Create progress reports monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
- Establish & create a common understanding among implementing partners and ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Create smooth relationships with trainees, government bureaus, and other partners at different levels.
- Take part in program planning, proposal writing, documenting best practices, and monitoring project activities.
- Organizing and updating the necessary information and data of diabetic children and young adults for “I care” projects.
- Take responsibility for following the implementation and outcome of training in the respective project implementation sites of I care.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of magazines, newsletters, and other publications of the I care project achievement as needed.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation of I care project progress are conducted and findings of best practices are documented and feed into the planning process.
- Make sure that any budget request is prepared in detail and in line with the agreement and policy and also the plan in the project document.
- Perform other activities as per the need of the organization and guidance from the supervisor.
Report to: Program Manager/General Manager
Required number: One
Employment Category: Six-month contract with possible extension
- Requirements (Must Criteria)
- Bachelor degree with a background in nursing, public health, health related education, sociology and phycology.
- From 0-1 year experience in NGO and related organization.
C. Additional Training:
- Computer Training Certificate /excellent computer usage
- Project /Program Management training Certificate is an added value
D. Competencies/ Technical skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Good planning and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrable professionalism and facilitation abilities;
- Excellent report writing skill
E. Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Have integrity
- Strong team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
How To Apply:
- You can send you’re CV and related documents throw our E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)