- Médecins du Monde is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response. MEDECINS DU MONDE FRANCE (MDM) invites qualified candidates, to apply for the following Position
The Field Coordinator (FC) is responsible for the management of bases and programs in the Oromia region; support project area health centers (HC) in the project woredas affected by crisis, as well as project area health posts (HP) in the catchment areas of the health centers. The FC is responsible for security management at field level, Coordination of HR, Finance and Logistics activities in Oromia, and coordination and representation with partners and stakeholder in the Oromia region.
- Ensure adequate information flow within the different departments as well as between the base and coordination team.
- Organize regular weekly coordination meeting in order to organize the work and priorities.
- Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments/services.
- Create/maintain a positive “team spirit” within the different departments and amongst the staff.
- Provide good working conditions for all team members.
- Support team members under direct supervision in their duties.
Safety and Security Management
- Routinely monitor the security situation in Oromia, and update field and coordination teams with analysis where necessary
- With the support of the base log, and in coordination with the Addis team, create and routinely update the security package and annexes for the oromia region
- Ensure that all staff and visitors are briefed on the security rules, have received the security package, and that all staff and visitors are following the rules
- Ensure data collection about the safety and security in Oromia region, provide analyses, and share all needed information with the General Coordinator regularly or on an ad-hoc basis if urgent:
- Alert General coordinator without delay in case of impending danger or incident of teams or beneficiaries:
- Ensure timely and accurate security incident reports are written, and any resulting recommendations are carried out.
- Be an active part of the Incident Management Team when incidents occur in area of operations
- Contribute to the humanitarian monitoring of the region, in close collaboration with regional actors and the Addis Coordination team.
- Ensure the implementation of the program in the field and its follow-up in its different aspects: planning and monitoring of activities, reporting, evaluation, logistic, HR, and financial.
- Ensure the coordination of all project partners, including general planning / implementing / monitoring of activities; information sharing; and reporting follow up (including financial reporting)
- Contribute and give inputs for the update of MdM strategy in the Oromia region.
- Coordinate project evaluation on the base.
- Ensure the project activities are carried out in accordance with donor compliance and MdM procedures.
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical MdM system/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary.
- Ensure that the procurement plan (prepared by the log base in collaboration with LogCo) is consistent with the need of the project activities.
- Responsible for accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management at the project site in line with project proposal.
- Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis, report any concerns to Addis Abeba coordination team
- Monitor, and then develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure at project level.
Human Resource Management
- He/she directly manages a team of staff, including:
- Nurses, Administration and finance Officer, Security Guards, Cleaner and Cook, Logistics Manager, Midwife, etc
- Responsible for the well-being of all team members.
- When relevant, contribute to recruitment and selection of staff.
- Responsible for disciplinary and grievance procedures, with the support of the admin and finance Officer and/or Administration coordination.
- Maintain good inter-department communications, promote good team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur.
- Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures.
- Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field and departing team members are debriefed and provide end of mission reports where applicable.
- Ensure that all team members receive technical support form technical coordinators where needed.
- Ensure capacity building and training of all staff in Oromia.
- Represent MdM to NGOs, UN agencies, regional authorities, communities, donors and other relevant parties in the field and share information with the field and coordination teams.
- Build strong relationship with humanitarian actors working in the area to identify potential synergies.
- In the event of visits from donors, he/she participates in the organization and implementation of the visits.
- Ensure the Oromia region inputs into the monthly Sitrep.
- Ensure the Log, Admin and HR monthly reports are completed.
- Contribute to project proposals and lead the Oromia region inputs.
- Report to Oromia program partners and authorities on activities.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Duty station: Ethiopia, Oromia region, Chinaksen field Office (with regular movements to the field)
Employment Term: 6 months with possibility of extension, start immediately
Reported to: The General Coordinator and collaborates closely with the coordination team in Addis Ababa.
- Educational Qualification
- Education in public health is an asset.
- At least 2 or 3 years of similar relevant professional experience (ex: field coordinator, Program Coordinator).
- Solid experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Expérience in Security management.
- Experience in HR, financial and logistics management
- Previous experience in one of MDM program sectors desirable
- Previous experience in health system strengthening is a plus
Skills and qualities required
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives, and indicators etc.).
- Capacity to work and to live in a multicultural environment
- Ability to cope with last minutes changes and solution oriented
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- Team manager with a strong leadership
- Experience in management of multi donor budgets
- Experience in control purchase process
Required personal skills
- Independence, ability to take the initiative and of responsibility
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Good analysis, objective, able to take a step back and analyse
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise and coach the work
- Anticipation and adaptability,
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills in day to day and crisis situations
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Listening and diplomacy skills
- French:an asset
How To Apply:
- Interested applicant who meet the above requirement should summit their application letter and CV, Fill the application form by using the below link https://forms.gle/t6F5sVctdkHY3k6M8