Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion officer (5)
Job Title: Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion officer Reference number: Vac/0118/22 Vacancy posting date: May 12, 2022 Closing Date: May 23, 2022 Duty Station: Bokolomayo, Melkadida, Kobe, Halewayine, and Buramino Refugee camps including Dollo reception center Duration of Employment Employment Type: Fixed term Salary: As per the organization scale
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Reporting to the WASH manager, the Sanitation and hygiene promotion officers will be responsible for the implementation and management of sanitation and hygiene promotion activities for Bokolomayo, Melkadida, Kobe, Halewayine, and Buramino Refugee camps including Dollo reception center refugees and the host community in the Somali region. The main duties of the job holder include promotion of COVID-19 prevention and control methods, construction of water and sanitation facilities, provision of hygiene and cleaning materials, solid waste disposal management, and environmental health activities, and participation in regular hygiene promotion activities with other partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Manage the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the sanitation and hygiene promotion programs (including financial management) in the refugee camp.
· Coordinate, supervise, and monitor WASH activities in the refugee camp including hygiene promotion activities and construction of sanitation facilities like construction of latrines, hand washing facilities refuse pits, showers, and cloth washing basins.
· Ensure and monitor sanitation facilities are constructed as per the required UNCHR/SPHERE standards, at appropriate locations, and are appropriately utilized by the refugee community.
· Design and implement appropriate solid waste management systems in the refugee camp as per UNHCR minimum standards
· Ensure minimum UNHCR standards of WASH services are met for the refugee community
· Prepare and organize hygiene and sanitation promotion materials, standard training manuals, and guidelines on WASH and COVID-19 prevention and control methods as well for refugees, host communities, and relevant partners.
· Recruit, train, manage and supervise assistant sanitation and hygiene promotion officers, the refugee camp environmental health agents (EHAs), and WASH committee in the refugee camp.
· Take part in the selection, designing, pre-testing, developing, dissemination, and evaluation of appropriate hygiene educational materials for effective sanitation and hygiene promotion programs for the refugee community as per the UNHCR standards.
· Manage and facilitate documenting WASH and health-related data of the refugee community and keep records on activities of water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion activities
· Ensure that sanitation and hygiene promotion activities are implemented through effective approaches and methods, promote local capacities of the refugee community, and ensure sustainable behavioral change.
· Take part in WASH knowledge, Attitude, and practice (KAP) surveys and project evaluation in data collection, data entry, analysis, and reporting to evaluate the impact of
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit to the supervisor on the work progress of hygiene promotion and sanitation activities
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
- (Training/education/experience/physical demands required; provide 6-8 requirements)
- Experienced professionals in a relevant field Diploma or BSc Degree in the area of Environmental Health, Behavioral Science, Health Education, and Promotion or Public Health, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Commitment to IMC’s mission- Improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity.
- Working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Preferable to use Office Word, and Excel
If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at [email protected].
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position that you are applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net OR before May 21,2022
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.