MHNT -Medical officer (2) East Haraghe –
- Position: MHNT – Medical officer
Reference number: Vac /074/22
Accountable To: Senior Emergency response officer
Work Location: East Harargh health Program Operation Worda
Salary: attractive and Competitive to the market
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned Woreda.
S/He will mainly be responsible for the day to day implementation of the mobile health and nutrition services under the team, health education, acute and life threatening illnesses treatment as the primary health care level, safe motherhood and child health consultation. In addition, the position holder is also expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and Health workers in health facilities. She/he will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of children and adults treated, people provided for health education, vaccinated children, and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with Field office health response coordinator and Woreda health offices.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level in line with public health emergency management with emphasis health especially commonly occurring epidemic diseases under surveillance.
· Conduct & undertake PHC services like consultation & provide proper treatment for acute and life threatening illnesses based on the protocol
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism.
· Ensure all referral cases are properly transported to the nearest or woreda capital health facility based on the availability of ambulance and seriousness of the illness.
· Train and support the HEWs on prevention and response of major diseases under surveillance and in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Conduct planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
· Compile, Organize and Report project Reports to He’s/Her Supervisor and Government Authority Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly bases.
- · College Degree in public Health or Nursing and with valid registration/practicing license.
· At least two years of experience in the field out of which one year NGO experience in the field is preferred.
· Experienced working at the primary health care unit (Health center) outpatient department managing patients and other health program implementation an, training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language (Afan Oromo) is Mandatory.
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments .Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
How To Apply: