- About You:
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision center manager and technical direction from the quality department, the clinical officer performs client examinations, diagnoses, identifies health problems, and delivers prescriptions/procedures to clients in accordance with accepted standard medical practices and the professional code of conduct at MSIE Centers
- Examines in and outpatients /clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms.
- Administers and prescribes drugs based on analysis of examination, test reports and findings, and counseling services.
- Provide SRH services (Safe abortion care, comprehensive family planning, ANC and PNC consultation, general health) to visiting clients per after required training and competency assessment.
- Adherence to national medical practice protocols and MSIE clinical protocols while providing clinical service.
- Adherence to the duty of care statement and client-centric care standard set by MSIE.
- Adherence to clinical record keeping and documentation in an electronic health record system
- Puts the interest of clients/patients above all other considerations and ensures the confidentiality of all cases.
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned to him/her.
- Support in center service promotion and demand creation by doing field visits to nearby referral points, organizing community conversation sessions and distributing referral cards to referral points, and motivating the current client to refer other needy clients
- Actively participate in center business development related tasks assigned by supervisor
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
A. Qualification Requirements
- BSc degree as Health Officer or BSc in nursing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the provision of Clinical Services and experience on SRH services Provision is preferred
B. Skills, Attitudes, and Attributes
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
- Awareness of MOH and donors’ guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI, and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
- Attendance of MSIE Pre-service training
- Client-centered care approaches Pro-Choice
Number of Position: (01)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Arada MCH
Type of Employment: Permanent
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address:HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for in the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!