Nutrition MEAL Officer needed at Save the Children, May 16 2022
Nutrition MEAL Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
MEAL System Development and Management
· Undertake responsibilities for the implementation of the project MEAL system and functions as per the MEAL guideline
· Undertake periodical monitoring of quality benchmarks and ensure they are part of quality monitoring practices
· Contextualize and use standardized monitoring tools and methodologies as required by the donor and SCI standards (PPT, CFRM, output tracker, action plan tracker, monitoring QBs, etc.)
· Ensure that regular monitoring/MEAL reports are received and communicated effectively to the project management, national MEAL team, and other relevant bodies in the national office
· Ensure periodic reports are as per the standard quality, standard template, time frame and communicated accordingly
· Ensure communities and children know their rights and entitlements, have access to project information, and participate in decisions that affect them
· Ensure communities and children have access to safe and responsive mechanisms to handle their complaints and feedback
· Participate in the development and management project database systems
Learning and Knowledge Management
· In close collaboration with the program team facilitates generating, storing and sharing knowledge (most significant change story, meta-analysis, research/evaluation summary reports, etc.).
· Provide and ensure utilization of learning and knowledge generated (including MEAL evidences) in decision making and programme improvement (maintain up to date project action tracker and monitor the utilization and application)
· Support programmes in the identification of learning objectives and evidence gaps.
· Be part of the AO MEAL Community of Practices and provide project learning and best practices to the Community of practice.
· Technical Support and Capacity Building
· Provide trainings and capacity building for field level program staffs on MEAL as required
· Baseline, research, evaluations, assessments, and other studies
· Participate in follow up and periodically assess and update changes in children’s needs (especially deprived children) in the project areas
· Participate in Tore preparation, in project/program baseline, evaluations, research, and assessment activities.
· Maintain evaluation tracker and actions trackers for the implementation of evaluation recommendations in his jurisdiction.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
· Conduct activities in accordance with the rules of the SCI Safeguarding Policy, which includes reporting suspicions of any abuse or harassement
· Ensure that all activities seen through a safeguarding lens;
· Be vigilant about observing possible abuse/harm,
· Ensure all partners and beneficiaries of Save the Children are aware of the safeguarding policy and promote the message of safeguarding to children, beneficiary families, and community members in general,
· Conduct project risk assessment using given template and mitigation plans are addressed Report performance of safeguarding activities per quarter,
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· BSc/BA degree in an area of statistics, economics, health, social development or equivalent.
· Minimum of three years of experience in a MEAL role in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the following priority sectors: education, protection, WASH, health and nutrition, and emergencies
· Direct experience in implementing and managing MEAL functions and of working on all aspects of MEAL activities
· Skills in developing MEAL tools and use of statistical packages
· Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, the definition of a clear way forward, and ensuring buy-in
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability
· Able to solve problems by selecting the most suitable procedure or method within guidelines and precedents; direction sought when solutions are not within established guidelines or precedents
· Able to make decisions using creativity and some independent judgment within realm of the current scope of work; Decisions typically made in order to resolve and adapt current solutions or introduce new procedures and practices
How To Apply:
- Application Information:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en