Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Expert
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all GOH LLC projects have a robust monitoring plan in place, developing monitoring and evaluation guidelines, frameworks, and indicator trackers for the project, in close collaboration with the Technical Director, Project Manager, and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio, USA). Example activities will require the expert to:
- Develop monthly indicator tracking sheets for monitoring of project achievement monthly and follow-up with the stakeholders on the usage of the system.
- Regularly connect with the Monitoring Evaluation Specialist at OSU to integrate project based indicators with key performance indicators of the overall GOHi strategy
- Support Project Manager and Project Coordinators with the development and implementation of a robust monitoring and evaluation plan, which includes implementation of needs assessments, baseline surveys, mid-term and end of project reviews/evaluations including preparation of Terms of References (TOR) and designing and implementing appropriate evaluation methodologies
- In collaboration with the Technical Director and project manager, organize and facilitate periodic meetings with project staff and key stakeholders on M&E progress, challenges, and way forward. This will require the M&E lead to:
- Engage with Project Leads regularly to review the data and explore root causes/major concerns with project implementation, and participate in discussions for course correction/improvement using data
- Provide support to the project team in compiling reports, stressing the importance of data quality, indicator-based reporting and analysis of trends and the achievement of project objectives/outcomes
- Participate in the development of the project implementation strategy, annual work plans and other project tools
- In collaboration with the team (Project Manager, Project Leads and M&E Specialist), co-design and manage project monitoring information system / databases to ensure efficient and effective collection, entry, and analysis of all project data (both quantitative and qualitative) and proper reporting of the outcomes of all projects. This would include:
- Review reports to ensure accuracy and quality before submission to technical coordinators/managers
- Facilitate training of health project staff members and partners on monitoring and evaluation
Employment type: Full time one-year contract with a possibility of yearly renewal up on satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Line of responsibility – the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Expert will be directly accountable to the Project Manager
Place of work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with possibility of travel to regions
Number required: One
- Required Qualification, work experience and skills
- Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Biostatistics, Applied Statistics, Public Health, Health Informatics, or related fields
- Minimum five years experience in project and program monitoring and evaluation, including: Project Monitoring and Evaluation System Design, Management of Monitoring Systems, Project Evaluation.
- At least three years’ experience developing M&E capacity and systems in Projects or international NGOs
- Practical experience in data analysis software and data collection and management tools such as DHIS2, Excel, and Access.
- Proven experience of creating data collection tools.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities based on use of data
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills, and strong understanding of how to accurately collect feedback from key stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; proven self-initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Proven record of accomplishment of high-quality performance in highly pressured environments
Desired Qualification and work experience
- Prefer experience with visualization software such as R Shiny, Tableau or Microsoft BI.
- Prefer experience with REDCap, Qualtrics, ODK or other data collection tools.
How To Apply:
- Interested & eligible applicants should send their letter of application CV and their educational documents within 5 working days through: www.ethiojobs.net