- The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) in collaboration with APOPO, a Belgian NGO that trains rats to detect landmines, tuberculosis and much more is launching a project that aims to enhance tuberculosis case detection among health facilities across Addis Ababa City Administration. The objective of the project is to find smear positive tuberculosis patients that are missed by the conventional method (microscopy) and bring them to treatment so as to contain the spread of the disease to the community.
This project seeks to hire a senior health officer who is reporting directly to the Head of the Research Project.
Position: Assistant Researcher
Duties and responsibilities
– Collect baseline and demographic data from the urban poor population that will participate in the project
– Collect patient outcome data from the health facilities, compile and report to the Head of the Research Project
– Liaise with the staff of the health facilities and Community Health Workers to maximize the impact of the project
– Ensure that sample collectors are working in harmony with the staff of the health facilities
B.Sc. degree in Public Health and/or nursing from a recognized university
Able to present a professional license issued by the relevant authority
At least 2 years’ experience in TB and/or HIV clinics with in-depth knowledge of the national programs
Prior experience in dealing with civil societies and TB and/or HIV affected community
Fluency in English communication (spoken & written)
Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications
Number required- 1
How To Apply:
- The application should be submitted online on ethiojobs (http://www.ethiojobs.net/) with a brief CV (maximum length 4 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 1 page, describing why you are interested in applying for the position and how you meet the requirements for the position) and a one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process.