Applications are open for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program in the USA.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship offers a year of professional enrichment in the United States for professionals with experience in development or political transition. The fellowship program is fully funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. All the expenses related to the program, including English language training, insurance, fees and accommodation, will be fully covered.
The fully-funded fellowship program offers valuable opportunities for professional development through selected university courses, conferences, networks, and practical work experiences. During the year, the fellows pursue their program objectives and work closely with other fellow colleagues during seminars and workshops.
Unlike other exchange or fellowship programs, the Hubert H.Humphrey Fellowship encourages fellows to travel far from their campus and discover more about the American culture and establish contacts with their American peers. Interested in expanding your prospects and becoming a global leader, the Humphrey Fellowship is a golden opportunity for you.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a United States government-funded exchange program that brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals with demonstrated leadership potential to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas. The U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section, Addis Ababa is responsible for recruiting and selecting qualified professionals to be part of this program.
The application deadline for the 2023-2024 academic year is July 15, 2022
Here are more details about the Humphrey Fellowship
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication /Journalism
- International Religion Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Person Policy and Prevention
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Educational Administration Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
Deadline is July 15 2022
- Country: USA
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: July 15 2022
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the criteria for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship in the USA:
- Applicants must be in the age range of 32-45 inclusive
- Applicants should have a minimum of five years full-time professional experience
(prior to July 2022) in the relevant field after completing a university degree, and should
be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization;
- Applicants must present a letter of support from their organization showing consent to
grant of leave of absence during course of study;
- Applicants must possess managerial or supervisory positions in their organizations;
- Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree;
- Candidates should be proficient in both written and spoken English and be willing to sit for TOEFL (English language proficiency exam) if they are selected for the program.
Fully funded Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship will provide the following benefit:
- Tuition and fees of the university,
- English language course/training (if required),
- Living allowance,
- One time allowance for settling,
- Coverage in case of accident or sickness (health),
- Allowance for books,
- Computer subsidy (once),
- Air travel expenses (travel to the U.S. and for the program events),
- Professional development allowance for field trips, conferences and visits.
Candidates must have either a research background in the field or demonstrated ability to learn
the results and policy implications of current research.
Applications for the Humphrey Fellowship must be filed on-line; do not send applications to the Public Affairs Section or the Embassy. The on-line application requires the following elements:
1. Curriculum Vitae detailing overall experience and qualifications;
2. Program plan providing details of what the applicants hopes to accomplish through participation in the program;
3. Personal statement;
4. Recommendations from two referees;
5. Copy of undergraduate transcript (original copies will be requested if applicants have been selected for interviews).
For more fellowship alerts join us on Telegram