- The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation of the Mobile health team activities in the Woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible consultation service, outreach campaign of mobile health team activities. Closely works with MHT Officer, Woreda Health Office and PHCU. Provide on job training to for HW/HEW on ICCM/IMNCI and provide a consistent and high quality technical support in relation to establishing and strengthening clinical care for the children other vulnerable groups at IDPs and hard to reach sites. Also support Stabilizing Centre and OTP sites S/He will monitor Community Health Workers and volunteers in strengthening the community mobilization and outreach component of the program.
- MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
@ Diploma/ BSC degree in Nursing, Public Health or other related fields
@ Minimum 1-2 years working experience with NGOs out of which two years as Mobile health team Nurse/Officer at IDPs settings.
@ Knowledge, training and experience in updated IMNCI/ ICCM
@ Experience of working at Government health facilities on ANC, EPI services and knowledge of MCH services.
@ Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
@ Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
@ Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
@ Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
@ Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
@ Good command in written and spoken English and Local language (Mandatory).
@ Good human relation skills.
@ Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
@ Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring
- Knowledge of the clinical care practice and familiarity with IMNCI/ICCM guide lines
- Knowledge, training and experience in CMAM and community mobilization/BCC
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written, English and Local language Afan oromo.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices, flexibility in working long hours and ability to work with incoming surge teams;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Ability to work in a team setting, friendliness and resourcefulness (Teamwork)
- Respectful of oneself and others
- Quality conscious and ready to learn new ways of doing things
How To Apply:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en#
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.