Survey Data Collector/Enumerator
- Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is an Ethiopian resident charity organization registered in accordance with Civil Society Organization no 1113/2019 with a certificate No 0022. MCMDO currently is being implementing more than 32 projects in Oromiya , SNNPR, Somali, Gambella , BenishangulGumuz , Tigray, Amhara, Harari, Dire Dawa and City Administration of Addis Ababa.
To meet its objectives MCMDO calls for competent professionals to apply for the following vacant positions.
The main role of Survey Data Collector/enumerator is to collect household and health facility level data on vaccination coverage among children 12-35 months in remote areas of Ethiopia. The data collector/enumerator is expected to read enumeration area maps and delineate the survey area, rapidly list eligible children and collect vaccination coverage data using CommCare application.
Scope/roles and responsibilities:
- Actively participate and successfully complete training of data collectors
- Participate in field testing of the data collection tools
- Read enumeration area map and delineate the survey area
- Rapidly listing all eligible children in their assigned Enumeration Areas
- Completing questionnaires for all selected respondents their assigned Enumeration Areas
- Collect survey data using CommCare application
- Collect survey data following the protocol of the study and principles of ethical data collection
- Visit nearby health posts and collect data on the vaccination status of children included in the community-based survey
- Upload the data on regular basis to the server
- Properly use and maintain the mobile phones for data collection
- Complete a referral form for linkage of eligible children to nearby health facility
Reports to: Field supervisor
Duty station: Somali Region, Sidama and South West Region, Harari and Diredawa
Program:Reaching zero dose children in remote areas of Ethiopia: Evaluation
Minimum hours of work: 48 hours per week (including Saturdays)
Quantity: 16(6 for Somali Region, 6 for Sidama and South West Region and 4 for Refugee in Somali, Harari and Diredawa City Administration)
Duration: About 30 days of work with possible of extension
- Qualification and minimum requirements:
- Must have level 4 Diploma in Health, statistics and related fields. Having BA/BSC is an advantage.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in data collection and research work
- Certified experience of collecting DHS and other health related surveys is a plus
- Experience of collecting data using digital platforms (like ODK, CommCare, KoBoToolbox)
- Proven ability to read enumeration area maps
- Fluency in Amharic and one of the local languages of the region you are applied for, such as( Afan Oromo, SidamaAfoo, or Somali languages )
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Willingness to work in all survey areas
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants can submit their application, CV and relevant documents through: email@example.com within 5 days from the first date of announcement. For further information, contact Tel. 0118697461.The first come, first served approach will be followed.
NB: Subject of the email should include the location in which applicants are interested to apply