Field Supervisor (FS)
- Mothers and Children Multisectoral Development Organization (MCMDO) is an Ethiopian resident charity organization registered in accordance with Civil Society Organization no 1113/2019 with a certificate No 0022. MCMDO currently is being implementing more than 32 projects in Oromiya , SNNPR, Somali, Gambella , BenishangulGumuz , Tigray, Amhara, Harari, Dire Dawa and City Administration of Addis Ababa.
To meet its objectives MCMDO calls for competent professionals to apply for the following vacant positions.
The main role of the Field supervisor is to supervise enumerators/data collectors while collecting household and health facility level data on vaccination coverage among children 12-35 months in remote areas of Ethiopia. The supervisorwill be responsible for assuring the quality of data collected in the areas where he/she is assigned.
Scope/roles and responsibilities:
- Actively participate and successfully complete training of supervisors
- Participate in field testing of the data collection tools
- Lead the field team and distribute assignments to each enumerator under his/her span of control
- Support enumerators in reading enumeration area maps and delineating the areas
- Assure that enumerators have conducted an exhaustive listing of eligible subjects in the survey areas
- Work closely with the data collectors to ensure that they are collecting quality data as per the protocol of the study
- Provide supportive supervision and other assistance for the enumerators, as needed.
- Conduct a formal check of each enumerator’s work including intermediate review of questionnaires, and provide assistance as needed
- Report any deviations from the protocol to the Field Program coordinator on dailybasis
- Visit health posts and centers in his/her area of assignment and collect data on the vaccination status of children included in the community-based surveys
- Assure enumerators upload the data on daily basis to the server
- Properly use and maintain the mobile tablets for data collection
- Ensure eligible subjects are referred and linked to nearby health facilities
Reports to: Research Project coordinator
Duty station: Somali Region, Sidama and South West Region, Harari and Diredawa
Program:Reaching zero dose children in remote areas of Ethiopia: Evaluation
Minimum hours of work:48 hours per week (including Saturdays)
Quantity:8 (3 FS for Somali Region, 3 FS for Sidama and South West Region and 2 FS for Refugee in Somali, Harari and Diredawa City Administration)
Duration:About 30 days of work with possible of extension
- Qualification and minimum requirements:
- BSc, in the field of Public Health, Biostatistics or Statistics and related field having (MPH/MSc is a plus)
- 3+ years demonstrated experiences in executing quantitative research work and study supervise survey activities
- Certified experience of working as field supervisor in health-related surveys likeDemographic Health Survey (DHS)
- Experience of collecting data using digital platforms (like ODK, CommCare, KoBoToolbox)
- Proven ability to read enumeration area maps
- Fluency in English, Amharic and one of the local languages of the region you are applied for, such as(Afan Oromo, SidamaAfoo, or Somali languages )
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a teamwork attitude
- Willingness to work in all survey areas
How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified applicants can submit their application, CV and relevant documents through: firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days from the first date of announcement. For further information, contact Tel. 0118697461. The first come, first served approach will be followed.
NB: Subject of the email should include the location in which applicants are interested to apply