EPHA is legally registered national, independent, not-for-profit, voluntary, multi-disciplinary professional Association established in 1989 with a mission of enhancing better health services to the public and professional standards through advocacy, active involvement, and networking to benefit both members of the Association and the public health professionals in general.
To fulfill its mission, EPHA has branch offices known as chapters and sub chapters all over the country. Currently EPHA needs to hire one Chapter Assistant for A.A. regional Chapter.
Scope of the work
- The Chapter Assistant will assist the office activities of the chapter office based on the job description
Duties and Responsibilities of the Secretary cashier
- Accountable to chapters executive committee members (chair and Vice chair persons, Secretary & treasurer)
- Manage and be responsible for chapter petty cash transferred from EPHA head office.
- Discuss with responsible person and finalize to request replenishment after utilizing 75% of the advanced/ petty cash.
- Collect membership fee, deposit in the Bank and keep the receipt for auditing
- Keep all records (Members Application Forms, receipts financial records) and report to MAND, EPHA
- Chapter’s account should be checked and monitor by EPHA on semiannual base.
- The secretary shall adhere to EPHA financial rules and regulations and chapters guideline.
- Attends different health meetings conducted in the region, Zones, woredas, private health Institutions and promote health professionals to recruit as EPHA member and collect membership fee.
- Records members application form on the database
- Assists the Chairperson in the performance of his/her duties especially in coordination of Chapter activities.
- Request and distribute of EPHA publications including information
- Availing all the necessary documents for review
- Keeping working area well prepared and attractive
- Performs other duties as instructed by the core committee, secretariat and immediate supervisor
Duty Station: Addis Ababa University, School of Public Health
Salary: Government entry level Salary scale for 1st degree
Duration of Employment: Six months with possibility of extension based on performance assessment
- Qualifications and experience of the Chapter Assistant
- 1st Degree in Social Science, Management, Public health, health informatics and other related fields
- 0-year experience
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English is an advantage
- IT Diploma is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and Internet)
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants can submit non-returnable updated CV, Cover letter, and supporting educational and work experience related documents in person to:-
ETHIOPIAN PUBLIC HEALTH ASSOCIATION (EPHA); Located 500m on the road from Dembel city center to Meskel flower Hotel Or near Dreamliner Hotel, Tel 0114166041 or 0114166083 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Female applicants are encouraged.