Quality Improvement Officer
Mary Joy Ethiopia is a nonprofit development oriented organization serves the community for the past 28+ years dedicated to improving the lives of vulnerable communities by advancing and implementing integrated development program focuses on livelihood enhancement, education and heath with cross cutting issues of children empowerment, environmental protection, Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS and inclusiveness. For the USAID funded project, Family Focused HIV Prevention Care and Treatment Services in Yirgalem in Sidama region and Dilla town in SNNPR region, Mary Joy seeks to recruit a Quality Improvement Officer based in Dilla town.
The Quality Improvement officer is responsible for developing quality improvement aim/objectives and come up with change concepts to generate change ideas to improve the progress and performance of the program in the implementation of Family Focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services and is responsible to ensure optimum data quality assurance. The officer also provides technical support and advice to project sites staffs and stakeholders on the identification and rectification of all data quality issues associated with the program quality improvement and Progress.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify program problems and develop quality improvement(QI) aim/objectives and address the issues
- Establish QI team, lead and support quality improvement team members
- Generate change concepts and change ideas to improve program performance
- Plan and tests change ideas for scale up
- Facilitate systems analysis, using systems modelling, flow charting and root-cause analysis
- Identify training/orientation needs, develop and implement training/orientation of relevant QI staff at both at the regional office and program sites.
- Responsible to work with technical staffs and develop, maintain, and implement plans to achieve quality improvement aim/objectives/goals.
- Provide technical support to program sites in developing and implementing quality improvement activities in all program areas.
- Oversees and monitors formal quality improvement activities and develops performance improvement targets with in the program.
- Ensures comprehensive data analysis to identify areas for improvement across thematic program units.
- Provide onsite technical assistance to project QI teams and organize all QA activities and work collaboratively with the other teams to address program gaps.
- Support and facilitate the project QI committee meetings and implementation of the project QI plans
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of QI related activities, progress, successes, lessons learned, and best practices
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Contract type: One year Contract with possibility of extension
Location: Dilla Project Office
- Education,Experience & Technical skills
- BA in social science, Health science, statistics and other related fields of study.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in data quality management or Monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, and execute ideas
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Knowledge of applicable tools, concepts and methodologies of QA and QI
- High level of computer literacy – Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of other Microsoft software to investigate, present and interpret data.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Microsoft office software, especially Excel, IT and software system knowledge to manage quality, integrity and validity of data
- Demonstrated high level, professional written and verbal communication skills in order to prepare complex business and technical documents and develop relationships with ongoing stakeholders
- Experience in identification of data quality issues and provision of recommendations for data system and process improvements
- Experience using data to improve program performance and/or supporting facility-based quality improvement teams.
- Service delivery experience, especially in HIV and family health services
- Experience/Knowledge on Current literature of Adult/ Pediatric HIV management, TB, OVC, Prevention and PMTCT services
How To Apply:
- Interested applicants should send only application letter and CV within 7 working days of the vacancy announcement through ethiojobs: http://www.ethiojobs.net before/on April 29, 2022.