Girum Hospital PLC is looking for Jr. Laboratory Technologist, April 24 2022
Job Title: Jr. Laboratory Technologist
Company: Girum Hospital PLC
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Addis Ababa
Under overall supervision of Laboratory Manager and direct supervision of Laboratory Supervisor, employee performs a wide range of procedures in all general areas of the laboratory including chemistry, serology, parasitology, and microbiology procedure; and does related work as required.
I. Specimen Collection, Handling, and Processing:
• Receives specimens from wards, phlebotomy room or obtains specimens directly from patient.
• Process specimens including receiving, sorting, accessioning and storing.
• Follows established procedures when processing specimens for analysis.
• Aliquot specimens properly as needed.
• Store specimens in proper place and temperature; discard specimens that exceed retention time.
• Ensure proper disposal of waste.
• Provide instructions for proper specimen collection to patients (AFB, UA)
• Notifies laboratory supervisor of significant problems related to specimen or test orders.
II. Test Performance:
• Performs a variety of laboratory tests in accordance with established procedure for diagnosis and treatment of patient.
• Prepares reagents properly, minimizes wastes, and considers cost-effectiveness in the use of supplies.
• Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of problems occurring during the test performance that would affect patient test results.
III. Test Result Reporting:
• Verifies patient reports produced within laboratory are accurate and timely.
• Ensure all critical results have been called and documented by workstations.
• Record results in the log book.
IV. Instrument Related Responsibility:
• Ensures proper functioning of instruments before release of patient results.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance of equipment as scheduled and documented.
• Notifies Laboratory Supervisor of instrument malfunction.
V. Purchasing and Inventory control:
• Participates in the inventory control program to ensure appropriate levels of supplies within the department.
• Utilizes all supplies and equipment in an appropriate and cost effective, efficient manner.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology with professional license as Medical Laboratory Technologist approved by Food, Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia.
• Attach your Degree and renewed License
• Experience in Diagnostic laboratory is a plus.
• Having Quality training is preferable.
• Kindly mention the position on the email subject
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their application letter and CV through the following address:
Please mention the title of the position you applied for on the subject line of your email, candidates who do not follow the application instruction will not be considered.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram