Orbis International is a nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in developing countries to save sight worldwide. Orbis prevents and treats blindness through hands-on training, public health education, improved access to quality eye care, and partnerships with local health care organizations in an effort to eliminate avoidable blindness. Orbis International-Ethiopia is a legally registered Country Office of this organization, carrying out the same mission in Ethiopia.
Orbis International-Ethiopia is seeking to recruit qualified professional for the below position based in Dilla town.
Field Coordinator: TheField Coordinator reports to the Project Manager. The main functions consist of, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain trust and good relationships between Orbis and its partners by working in collaboration with the respective sector institutions, collaborating agencies, volunteer’s workers and communities in the project area.
- In collaboration with the trained Integrated Eye Care Workers (IECWs) and CHAs/volunteers as well as the health institutions, Woreda Health Offices and Zonal Health Department participants, plan, implement, monitor quality of services such as TT surgery, and different trainings and evaluate the SAFE strategy; Cataract surgery, refractive errors and other eye care services.
- In collaboration with the trained teachers, Woreda Education Offices and Zonal Education Department, plan and assist the service providers in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of school eye care service
- Provides and assists trainings for nurses as Integrated Eye Care Workers (IECWs), TT case finders such as Health Extension Workers (HEWs), Community Volunteers Community Health Agents (CHAs), and school teachers and other relevant bodies that can contribute to blindness prevention
- Facilitates the link between the zones, Woredas, health facilities, community and Orbis International-Ethiopia.
- Help the implementing Partners (IPs) in organizing and coordinating various community groups discussion and meetings for the prevention of blindness.
- Collaborate and assist other stakeholders involved in WASH activities and TT backlog clearance initiative activities carried out in the zone
- Prepare quarterly a well-prepared case study and submit to the Project Manager and Communication and Program Officer timely
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans together with partners and submit to the Project Manager.
- Prepare reports for the different trainings conducted in the project area and submit to the project manager Conduct MDAs micro planning with partners and submit to the Project Manager
- Coordinates with partners the timely and effective distribution of Zithromax and other antibiotic distribution to beneficiaries
- Prepare and submit the MDAs distribution reports to the project manager timely
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports against the plan and submit to the project manager
- Participate in mid-term and final evaluations as well as conference, as requested.
- Conduct joint supportive supervision and provide technical support with IECWs, Woreda health offices, health facilities and other stakeholders and submit supervision reports to supervisor timely.
- Participate, supervise and support research activities in and out of project area.
- Participate in regional and zonal health planning and review meetings organized by regional health bureau, zone and if necessary at Woreda level.
- Facilitate preventive and curative activities for the prevention and control of blinding eye diseases that are priorities of national VISION2020 initiative in the project area
- Facilitate and involve in baseline studies and research activities in the project area when required
- Organize and actively participate in the activities of various community groups advocating for prevention of blindness
- Maintain adequate records of activities, reports and baseline data of the project area.
- Follows up the timely and judicious utilization of resources by partners and monitor the timely submission of activity and financial reports.
- Handle some petty cashes transferred to the project coordination office accounts and timely settling.
- Perform any other related activities as may be assigned to her/him by his/her supervisor.
- QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- MPH/B.Sc. degree in Public Health / Ophthalmic Officer or other health related fields with at least two years of experience .
- At least one year of demonstrated experience in implementing, managing, and monitoring multi-partner health projects/programs.
- Experience in blindness prevention, trachoma, and/or preventive ophthalmology is an advantage.
- Speaking the local language of the project area population is an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Basic IT skills particularly word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written) required.
- Able to interact and (manage) people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to foster an open trusting work environment.
- Ability to lead a team in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)-based environment.
- Accepts accountability for works planned and promised and respect deadlines.
- Supports a customer-centered approach to programs, services, and systems.
How To Apply:
- Applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements can send their CV and non-returnable copies of their certificates and testimonials of professional work experience and supporting documents to the following address within 10 calendar days from the date of the vacancy announcement. Only short-listed applicants will be communicated.
22 Mazoria – Rebecca Building 3rd Floor Room No. 306
P.O.Box 23508 Code 1000
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
To learn more about Orbis, go to http://www.orbis.org
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Trust, Caring, Commitment, Accountability, and Excellence.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram