MH & Nutrition Nurse
- KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Improving basic preventive health care at community level with emphasis health, immunization, health and nutrition services
· Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
· Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the Woreda health bureaus
· Strengthening of early referrals mechanism
· Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
· The health and nutrition nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
· Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
· Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
· Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
· Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements – Plumpy’nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
· Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community
Technical Support role
· Support communities to increase their knowledge and skills through training, exposure and joint actions
· Strengthen community self-mobilization through their leaders for participation in their planning, implementation and monitoring of activities
· Share latest development ideas and appropriate technologies to community members/groups
· Share information on support and cooperation opportunities with communities and other stakeholders
· Use a variety of extension methods, which are suited to the situation, and build the capacities (knowledge, and skills) of communities
· Promote constructive customary mechanisms and institution building with in communities
- In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· BSc Degree nurse, public health Officer or other related fields.
· At least three years post qualification experience in the field out of which one year NGO experience in the field
- Experienced in nutrition and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc.
- Good written and spoken ability of the local language
- Extremely flexible, able to work independently, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Interest in and ability to work in team.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
- The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
- The position holder should have a good interrelation ship with others and must now local language (Somali)