IYCF E Officer (Female Candidates only)
Position: IYCF E Officer
- KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Job-specific roles and responsibilities
- Manages the project unit’s implementation of nutrition program in agreement with the overall IYCF Program activities according to SCI and national standards.
- Makes sure that IYCF program is implemented according to the National protocol i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Facilitates the trainings under the project regarding IYCF
- Supports and liaise with the health centre staff and provide on the job training and capacity building.
- Select and establish counsellors from the health facilities and the community.
- Establishment and strengthening of MTM support groups, train them and close follow up for supporting IYCF_E promotion activities.
- Asses and diagnose for difficulties of feeding for all PLW coming for other services, for screening and at the community.
- Provide day to day one to one and group counselling for PLW regarding IYCF practices.
- Makes sure that the health staff have adequate training on providing proper IYCF counselling
- Conduct formative assessment for key behaviours and skill for IYCF and develop culturally appropriate and effective IEC materials and adopt it to the day to day counselling.
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats and all other supplies for IYCF.
- Creates and maintain relationship with local health and other authorities and try to link IYCF program with the existing health structure smoothly,
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
- Provides technical support and training where required to all team members, outreach team including health extension workers and community volunteers,
- Works and liaise with any local health workers to integrate the IYCF program from the start,
- Organizes monthly report of community mobilization, IYCF and report on time to the Project Manager, Nutrition and provides updates when needed.
- Reports any problems in a timely manner to the Health& Nutrition Coordinator,
- Coaches and supervises the CMAM officer, OTP/SC Nurses, Mobile health and nutrition team for integrating IYCF practice promotion activities to their daily health and nutrition works.
- Upholds the image and values of SC at all times,
Performs other related tasks as required and tasks assigned by the organization
- QUALIFICATION and EXPERIENCE
- BSC/Diploma in Nursing or Public Health (Senior Clinical/Public Nurse or above).
- Minimum two years working experience for Degree and four years’ experience for Diploma holders out of which two-year experience directly related to emergency health & nutrition related fields Knowledge, training and experience in IYCF and community mobilization/BCC
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skills in peer group training, Training of Trainers and development of training materials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Local language.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), all and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and potentially insecure environments.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
- The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
· Knowledge of the context is preferred.
- Female candidates are preferred.
- The position holder should have a good interrelation ship with others and must now local language (Somali)
How to Apply
- Application Information:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en