TSFP/Nutrition Officer needed at Save The Children, April 17 2022
Position: TSFP/Nutrition Officer
- KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Smooth and accurate running of TSFP:
- Ensure that protocols are strictly followed and implemented.
- Support and supervise the VHT to take accurate anthropometrics measurements.
- Ensure the registration of new MAM cases by following strictly the protocols and provide individual nutrition counselling based on the nutrition status and evolution of the beneficiary, provide information on the TSFP, reason for admission and the treatment protocol for the new and old cases.
- Analyze deeply the nutrition evolution of each beneficiary, identify potential discrepancy and correct him or her accordingly.
- Ensure the smooth flow of the beneficiaries from the triage to the exit of the TSFP.
- Participate to the forecasting and provision of the nutrition products and other supplies for each site in a timely manner.
- Ensure proper, clear and accurate data recording on registration books and nutrition cards.
- Demonstrate the preparation of the ration for each new admission.
- Ensure that all program materials are well maintained.
- Check the hygiene at each stage of the TSFP distribution.
· Complete and submit to the Field Nutrition Coordinator the relevant weekly and monthly reports for the TSFP activities.
· Check the coherence between the stock report and the attendance of TSFP beneficiaries.
· Make sure reports are accurate and complete.
· Report problems encountered to the Field Nutrition Coordinator.
Team work and collaboration other partners at health facility and VHT:
· Work in close collaboration with the VHT and health staff in terms of screening and referral, community case follow-up.
· Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Field Nutrition Coordinator.
· Participate actively to the weekly internal technical meetings.
· Ensure technical nutrition support to the VHT.
Performs other related tasks as required and tasks assigned by the organization
- QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in nutrition with minimum two years working experience with NGOs.
- Working experience of one year in IMAM program and Supplementary Feeding Program (SFP) more specifically.
- Experience in nutrition program and community work.
- Experience in training of volunteers on IMAM program.
- Good relations with other people.
- Good capacity to work in a team and flexibility.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Good writing and presentation skills
· English fluency (verbal and written) required and local language (preferred)
· Experience working in a refugee context.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
- The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
· Knowledge of the context is preferred.
- Female candidates are preferred.
- The position holder should have a good interrelation ship with others and must now local language (Somali)
How To Apply:
- Application Information:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en