Deborah Foundation is looking for Speech Therapist, April 16 2022
Organization: Deborah Foundation
Position: Speech Therapist
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline: April 20 2022
Established in 2019 Deborah Foundation is a registered nonprofit organization with a mission to improve the lives of children with Down Syndrome and other intellectual disabilities through support in the areas of health, education, and policy advocacy.
JOB TITLE: Speech Therapist
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
Speech and Language therapist helps patients of all ages with varying levels of speech, language, and communication difficulties. This includes but is not limited to difficulties in swallowing, drinking, or eating.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Reports to the CEO
- Be responsible for screenings, assessing conditions, and designing therapy and treatment plans to help children with Down Syndrome develop necessary speech skills.
- Diagnosing, treating, and preventing speech, language, and swallowing disorders. Provide support and information in relation to communication regarding the above-mentioned disorders, etc. to service users.
- Communicate results of assessments and recommendations to the service user as appropriate.
- Educating parents and caretakers of children with Down Syndrome regarding speech disorders and causes, including disabilities and traumatic events.
- Collaborate with the service user, family, careers, and other staff in goal setting and intervention planning.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Other duties as per required by management.
- Master’s degree in speech therapy or speech-language pathology
- Should be caring and knowledgeable about speech-related conditions and therapies.
- Relevant license and certification.
- Sound understanding of speech-related disorders and treatments.
- Familiarity with database management software.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational/communication skills.
- Self-starter but also able to work within a team
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Experience working with children with down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities.
How To Apply:
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Speech Therapist”.
DEADLINE: April 20, 2022
Deborah Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion gender, age, national origin, or disability, in any of its activities or operations.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram