Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Health Bureau is looking for Regional Family Planning officer, April 13 2022
Organization: Benishangul Gumuz Regional State Health Bureau
Job Title: Regional Family Planning officer
Salary: 14,985 Birr
Employment: 6 months contract
Date of announcement: April 13 2022
Deadline: April 19 2022
Ministry of health in collaboration with RHB and with support of Buffett Foundation has planned to deploy one Regional RH/FP officers who are young fresh women physician to coordinate and provide technical assistances for family planning and comprehensive abortion care.
Purpose – To coordinate and provide technical assistance at regional level and engage in planning, Implementing and monitoring of the family planning and safe abortion program including building the capacity health system in area of reproductive Health, family planning and Mental health programs.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs) MCH-N directorate and direct supervision of FP and maternal health teams, the regional RH/FP officer will coordinate and provide technical assistance to respective family planning and maternal health teams focusing on the following responsibilities:
1. Coordinate and monitor regional level RH/FP activities and submit performance report to respective family planning and maternal health team leaders
2. Provide technical assistance in developing regional annual and semi-annual plan and executing the approved plan and deliver as per the given time.
3. Coordinate and conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments to generate evidence on family planning and comprehensive abortion care services.
4. Facilitating the coordination between government, private and other partner health organizations for harmonizing and alignment with comprehensive regional Plan and ensuring access and utilization of quality family planning, planting and comprehensive abortion care services.
5. Engage in the development of RH/FP training materials and provide training and orientation to health staff at regional, zonal, woreda, and health facility level
6. conduct advocacy and improve community demand for RH/ FP services.
7. Monitor the family planning and safe abortion care performance through collecting, analyzing data for decision Making and provide feedback and technical support as • needed.
8. Conduct periodic Supportive supervisions using the standard cheek list and provide necessary feedback and corrections to the ZHD, districts and service delivery points.
9. Facilitate RH/FP review meeting al RHB, ZHD WrHo level to discuss on key program challenges, identify root case and appropriate recommendations.
10. Ensure the operationalization of COVID 19 precautions during program implementation
11. Frequent traveling to Zones, Woredas and PHCUs as necessary
12. Undertake additional tasks that are given by immediate supervisor by FP and maternal team .
13. Submit Periodic technical and financial report as required by RHB.
Duration of the employment is 6 Months with possible extension
Duty station – Regional health bureau
Required number – one (1)
Candidate of Regional RH/FP program officer required the following competence
• Technical and good communication skills that communicating in a creditable and effective way
• Analytical and functional knowledge and skill
• Fostering integration and teamwork
• Building collaboration , promotion and partnership
Essential – medical doctrate degree and special training RH/FP is plus
Essential- 0-6 months experience in public health program, preferably in RH/FP
Language skill – Amharic, English, Regional language would be an asset
Computer literacy- proficiency in use of Microsoft office, application and statistical software.
How to apply
Qualified professionals can apply In person at the bureau with in 5 consecutive working days starting from the date of announcement.
For more vacancy alerts join us on Telegram