Operating Room Nurse
- LIYANA HEALTH CARE Plc. (LHC) is an integrated health care solutions company that provides high quality, advanced & a yet accessible and affordable specialized clinical services, import and distributes pharmaceuticals, teaching health fields, manufacturing medical detergents, cosmetics and chemicals in Addis Ababa and Hawassa cities.
Currently, LHC comprises 9 divisions /business lines:- Yanet Internal Medicine Specialized Center (YIMSC – A.A and Hwassa), Yanet Trauma and Surgical Specialized Center (YTSSC – Hawassa), Yanet Hospital (YH -Hawassa) ,Yanet Drugs and Medical Supplies Wholes Sale (YDMSWS – Hawassa), Yanet – Liyana college of Health Sciences (YLCHSs – Hawassa), Yanet Dialysis Specialty Clinic (YDSC – Hawassa),Yali medical detergents, cosmetics & chemicals manufacturing (A.A ) and Hawassa Biomedical Engineering (HBME).
LIYANA HEALTH CARE PLC would like to recruit potential candidates for the position of OR Nurse for its clinical service – Yanet Hospital in Hawassa
Qualified applicants who can perform the following responsibilities and satisfy mentioned requirements are invited to apply for job vacancy.
We are looking for a competent Operating room to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times. They need to efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Evaluate patients before medical procedure or surgery (e.g. NPO status) and ease their worries Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Speak to the patients and make them ready for the surgery.
- Assemble all supplies required for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Prepare the patient on the operating table and position them in a proper way.
- Pass medical instruments or different items to the specialist or surgeon during the surgery.
- Accept the accountability of keeping the operating room in an orderly condition and sanitized.
- Check the patient’s vital signs to identify anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety and health standards and precautions measures.
- Perform duties and obligations inside or out of the sterile field as allotted.
- Demonstrate exceptional nursing care towards the patients.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organizational ability
- Education/Qualification/ Work experience
- BSc degree in Nursing from recognized University.
- Having training certificate related to operation procedures and organizing medical supplies.
- Worked in operation room for 3 years and above and can bring experience letter from employer organization and regulatory body.
- Good understanding of health information structures and technology.
- Available to work 12-hour day and night shifts.
- Demonstrate intense empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful and emotional environment.
- Having valid professional and updated license
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Comprehensive education and hands-on technical ability
- Ability to work on a team
- Passion for the job
- Ability to evaluate ever- change situations
- Plan for self-care