Registrar position open at Medical Teams International, April 6 2022
Deadline: April 8 2022
Apr 4, 2022 – Apr 8, 2022
INTRODUCTION: Medical Teams International is a Christian humanitarian relief agency focused on providing life-saving medical care for people in crisis. We serve all people—regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race.
Our calling is Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Medical Team International is looking for qualified applicant for the following position:
To provide quality health care services through a Mobile Health and Nutrition Team for Internally displaced peoples and host community in Afar Region, Ethiopia.
Medical / Technical
- Welcome and assist patients and visitors to the MHNT site.
- Collect and document accurate patient information on the registration form.
- Support triage team in taking vital signs, screening with MUAC, or other triage interventions.
- Track referrals entering and exiting the facility.
- Collaborate with the clinic team to support patient care and understanding.
- Follow infection, prevention, and control protocols through maintaining good hand hygiene and appropriately using personal protective equipment.
- Work with staff to ensure care and communication is culturally sensitive.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected at all times.
- Support the clinical team with other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Aiming to achieve the highest quality programming possible within the challenging context of Afar Region, Ethiopia.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area that ensures privacy and comfort for the patients.
- Ensure patient confidentiality – patient information, medical histories, and issues should be kept confidential and private.
- Provide compassionate and respectful care to all patients who present to the clinic.
- Support other staff and colleagues to maintain good infection control practices to prevent spread of illnesses within the clinic and among the staff.
- Support other areas of the clinic as requested or needed to ensure efficiency and quality of care to all.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, disposing of waste appropriately.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Duty Station: Afar,Zone 2
Required Number: One (1)
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTFICATION
- College Diploma
- At least one year of experience working in a related profession
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Self-motivated and Desire to serve others
- Respectful towards other cultures
- Able to establish relationships easily
- Team player
- Flexible under changing conditions
- Able to cope with basic working conditions
- Culturally aware and able to adjust
- Secure and at ease with professional skills
- Coaching/teaching skills
- Comfortable with basic data management and consolidation
- Planning and organizational skills
- Mentoring skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send their CV and Cover letter along with scanned copies of all relevant documents to Medical Teams International Ethiopia: email@example.com
Kindly write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, “Registrar ”
All applications must be submitted on or before 8 April 2022.
All applications must include a CV and copies of all applicable educational and work experience documents to be considered valid.
Note: Applicants called for an interview will be required to produce the original and legally valid copies of all documents.
“We are an equal employment opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Courageous, Tenacious, Selfless and Not alone.”
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply..